-=+=-Chapter 6: Aslan is on the Move-=+=-

Leona's POV

"I ain't going to smell it if that's what you want!" Mr. Beaver sneered, everyone starts giggling.

"Oh, sorry," Peter apologizes.

I walk up next to Peter, "I'm so sorry Mr. Beaver, it's their first time being in Narnia so everything is new to them. I'm terribly sorry Mr. Beaver."

"Of course your majesty," Mr. Beaver said bowing to me.

"You know him?!?" Peter ask me in shock.

"I know everyone in Narnia. Like what Susan said, I'm royalty," I answer

"Lucy Pevensie," Mr. Beaver said looking over us

"Yes?" She asked, stepping closer to him, Everybody's smiles drop. Mr. beaver pulls out the handkerchief Lucy gave to Mr. Tumnus when she first came here. I'm guessing Mr. Beaver is returning it. "Hey, this is the handkerchief I gave to Mr-".

"Tumnus" Mr. Beaver cut her off. "He gave it to me when they took him away." 

Peter, Lucy and I began to follow until Susan pulled Peter back. "What are you doing?!" She whispers yelled.

"She's right. How do you know we can trust him," Edmund spoke up.

"Because he said he knows Mr. Tumnus," Peter responded.

"He's a beaver. He shouldn't be saying anything!" Susan began again.

"Well Susan, Since you're in Narnia you should know that animals can talk," I explain.

"Everything alright?" The beaver said poking its head from the snow.

Peter turned around answering 'yes'. The beaver then mumbled to himself, then disappeared. Susan and Edmund gave up, so we all followed the beaver, giving him our trust. We walked through steep valleys for a while, seeing trees and rocks covered in snow. Oh how much I wish for it to be summer time.

"C'mon, we don't want to be caught out here after nightfall," called Mr. Beaver. Walking a bit further we all stopped in front of a tall stone wall, it was at least 350 ft. up, but there was a small gap between the wall. We all walked in single file through the wall. First Mr. Beaver, then Lucy, Peter, me, Edmund and lastly Susan. Walking for quite a while in the dark, we came to the end of the split revealing a frozen river and a hut made of sticks down a steep ditch. Oh I know where we are, we're at the Beavers household.

"Ah blimey, looks like the old girl has got the kettle on, a nice cup of rosy lee," cheered Mr. Beaver loudly.

"It's lovely," Lucy complimented.

Walking nearer to the hut, a woman's voice called and it was the Mrs. "Beaver is that you? I've been worried sick! If I found you've been out with badger again I-" I hear her screaming but got cut off by our presence. "Oh. Those aren't badgers." She waddled towards us and was very cute might I add. Mrs. Beaver is very nice. "Oh, I never thought I'd live to see this day! Look at my fur, you couldn't give ten minutes warning?" she whined rubbing her fur.

"I would've given you a week, If I thought it would have helped," told Mr. Beaver. We all continue he to walk til Mrs. Beaver noticed me.

"Oh Leo, your majesty! Please excuse my messy fur" Mrs. Beaver kindly asked me then bowed.

"Hello Mrs. Beaver, you don't need to fix yourself up. You actually look lovely today" I compliment Mrs. Beaver.

What? can't I be nice every once in a while?

"Oh thank you for your highness," she said smiling.

We were greeted into their small cozy home and sat at a miniature table. I sat between next to Lucy. Mrs. Beaver had been making dinner at the time while Mr. Beaver sat across us.