Atem

The Pharaoh had waited by the door, hands fiddling with the puzzle in his anxious behavior. As soon as he heard his name called, Atem turned himself around, the smile even brighter on his face. " Yugi!" He addressed back, his arms returning the gesture and bringing the boy tight to his body.

His hands moved back after a few seconds, a laugh now deep in his throat as he looked at his frantic partner. " I am fine and well my love. The wound is still there, but Mahad has helped me a great deal. In a few day's time it should be well on its way to simply scarring and nothing more."

Atem's hands moved to cup Yugi's cheeks as the boy had done to his, thumbs now running over the wet spots where tears had been falling. " So no more crying now, you needn't worry yourself over me any longer."

Pulling Yugi close, he gave him a small kiss on his lips, before pulling back to hold his hands. "I've come with a request, if you are willing to accept it. I've had some rooms prepared, and I'd like you and your family to stay with me, at the Palace. I can ensure your safety that way, and you can ensure mine. If anything were to break up between us, rest assured that this home would be yours once more, it will sit vacant in wait if you decide to return."

"You'd take a seat beside me in my works as my partner, it would be a shift in your life, and a small involvement in what goes on in mine, but you will still have the freedoms you enjoy now. There will not be as much restriction as I have, but there will be some protection offered to you and your family at all times."