Atem

"My lord Pharaoh! I know it is early, but we have an issue." Karim had spoken, rupturing Atem quickly from his rest. The King awoke looking around frazzled, till his eyes landed on his Priest; instantly causing him to leap up to his feet. "It is the village near Kul Elna, there are some armed men are charging through the Nile, presumably on their way to attack the palace."

Atem moved swiftly, before he could ask any more information. Digging around in a chest at the foot of his bed, the young Pharaoh pulled a sword from inside, and attached it with the silk around his waist.

Karim held a stern face. He didn't like the idea of his Pharaoh battling along with his soldiers, but they had already settled this argument the night before. Atem had not backed down in his decision, and had already named to them his successor to if something were to happen. He'd claimed he had something more than just Egypt and the Gods to fight for, he'd found someone that he'd have to come back for; and it would give him more strength to fight.

"Send out Mahad." Atem called to Karim, now making his way out of his Chambers and to the Throne Room, " He has his own mission set up, the rest of you stay close. When the troops are ready we will fend them off." Taking a look out one of the windows Atem got an idea of what he was dealing with. It wasn't an army, but a small band of rebels making the first move. He didn't like the idea of going up close, trying to fend them off, but they would not listen to reason. He'd deploy most of his troops to the nearby village, only take a few with him to outnumber the rebels. "By now the palace village has spotted the trouble, make sure most of the men are sent out to them as well, guard the perimeter. I will not have our citizens hurt over a few foolish men."

With a swift nod, Karim and Atem went their separate ways. Atem to the rest of his Priests, and Karim on his way to inform Mahad who was with Mana. Atem was worried, as there was a lot to be worried for; but he was worried most for Yugi. Mahad would be able to protect him, but there was always the unexpected to come from anything. He'd only just gotten to know Yugi, and he would just have to hope that once this band of rebels was disbanded that the village would calm in their anger.