Atem

Atem let his face sink into Yugi's hand as he spoke. His voice calmed whatever quells the Pharaoh had, his touch soothing any tension that tried to rise. When Yugi's hand moved to rest upon his heart, Atem moved his own to hold the boy's hand there. The smile far too present on his face from hearing the boy's acceptance.

Moving his hand from holding Yugi's to his heart, Atem let it rest on Yugi's cheek, turning his head so that he was looking at the young King. "There is nothing I would love more than to be your beacon, my Yugi. It has been a short time, but I feel the same way as you do, as if I've known you for my entire lifetime, it must be the bower of the gods fueling our love.

Slowly the Pharaoh leaned in, letting his nose collide with Yugi's before going in for a kiss. It was a short one, a quick collision of their lips before Atem pulled away; but the blush Atem had earlier had now returned in full strength. "The deal is sealed." he said, gazing down into his new partner's violet eyes.

"I am sorry I cannot get us much more alone time for now, as Ra is already working on setting the sun. I'm not willing to risk allowing you and your brother to travel home after it turns dark. Even with guards it is far too risky. I implore you though, that whenever you wish, my offer of a palace life is always open to you and your family."

Looking down at their entangled hands, Atem couldn't wash away the smile on his face, no matter how hard he tried. So instead he let it stay as he led them both back to where Mana and Heba had been left; doing exactly as Atem had expected. They were admiring Mana's magic.