Live A Little

Description: Tyler loves Josh romantically, and Josh loves him platonically, but Tyler also loves Debby platonically and Josh loves her romantically. {{i love this description tbh im laughing}}

1160 Words

|-/

Tyler remembered the first time Debby told him about Josh. He remembered giving her a watery smile, his voice cracking as he said he agreed that Josh was cute. He also remembered excusing himself to the bathroom and crying his eyes out about a guy he was sure he could never have.

He remembered Debby's first date with Josh. He had helped her pick out the dress because 'You're gay, Tyler. You know what's cute and what guys like.' He remembered her squealing as the doorbell rang and fixing her hair before pecking his cheek and running off with his crush. The crush he had first, but never told her about.

Then, they started hanging out, all together. Debby had said that she needed Josh to meet her best friend and then they could all be best friends. Tyler laughed sadly when Josh stated his relationship with Debby was far more than friendship by now, laughing also. Debby blushed.

The trio decided to hang out again one Friday night, so after school, they got ice cream and went bowling {{Josh helped Tyler get a strike, which was, of course, a total eep moment for Tyler}} before going back to Tyler's house. They were going to go downstairs and watch a movie when Tyler's mom grabbed his wrist. Tyler shot them a look and they went downstairs without him.

"Tyler, don't go doing anything while they're here. I trust you, so I am letting them stay the night, but just realize that trust can break easily."

"Mom, I'm gay. You know that." Mrs. Joseph rolled her eyes.

"Don't do anything with Josh." Tyler wanted to protest, state that Josh was dating Debby as he cried into his mother's shoulder, but he knew his mom wouldn't let them sleep over if she knew the situation. Instead, he rolled his eyes before marching down the stairs as well.

"Okay, guys. What do we wanna watch?" Josh and Debby both sent him concerned looks. "She was just warning us not to be loud. What're we gonna watch?" Debby grinned.

"Let's watch The Notebook!" Josh groaned, though he kept his arms locked around Debby's waist.

"Debs, no. I don't wanna watch that. I'm sure Tyler doesn't either." Josh turned to Tyler, smirking. Oh God. "That's too heterosexual for him." They all laughed and Tyler shrugged.

"Although I am very gay, I'm fine with The Notebook. Josh, if you're willing to make a compromise for your girlfriend, then we're watching it." Josh turned to Debby who stuck out her bottom lip, batting her eyelashes.

"Fine. Only because I love you." Tyler's heart shattered yet again as their lips connected. He muttered a 'break it up' before going on Netflix and playing the movie. He plopped down by Josh who now had Debby's head in his lap, playing with her hair. Tyler watched for awhile before his eyes started to droop closed.

|-/

"Tyler. Tyler, wake up." Tyler woke up later that night, or morning rather, he noticed, looking at the clock, to Josh's whispering. He noticed Debby had moved to the beanbag on the ground and his head rested on Josh's shoulder. He lifted it up quickly.

"O-oh. Sorry for falling asleep on you. You can s-sleep, now." As his eyes adjusted to the dark, Tyler looked at Josh, who rolled his eyes, smiling. Tyler's heart fluttered.

"I didn't wake you up because I was uncomfortable, trust me. You're like a cute, cuddly kitten, I promise." Tyler blushed, hoping the darkness hid it. "I wanna go on an adventure, c'mon." Tyler opened his mouth to protest before Josh clamped a hand over his mouth and leaned in, laughing under his breath. He pressed their foreheads together, making Tyler's heartbeat speed up. "Live a little." He whispered before getting off of the couch and pulling Tyler off after him.

Josh ran up the stairs, holding Tyler's hand and dragging the other boy behind him. Tyler couldn't stop smiling as Josh opened his back door and kept running. "Joshua William Dun, where are we going?" Josh let go of Tyler's hand to sprint faster. He yelled behind him.

"I guess you'll just have to catch me to find out!" Tyler ran and finally caught up to Josh as he sat on the edge of a small bridge. He climbed up next to Josh. The height wasn't enough to kill anyone, especially given the river underneath, but it still made his stomach churn. "Isn't this place gorgeous?" Josh whispered.

"Yeah. It's pretty amazing." He felt Josh stir beside him and looked up to see Josh standing and unbuckling his belt. He chuckled nervously as Josh kicked off his skinny jeans and shoes before pulling off his shirt. Josh grinned down at him before diving into the water. Though Tyler felt as though he would throw up, he stood up and stripped as Josh had before jumping in behind him.

Josh laughed and splashed Tyler, squealing. Tyler splashed him back, everything feeling less terrifying now. Josh dived into the water again before swimming back to the surface and floating on his back. Tyler floated beside him. "How're we gonna get back to my house without dry undergarments?"

"For once in my life, I don't give a fuck."

|-/

The next morning, after Josh had left, Debby tugged Tyler up to his room. "What are you doing, Debs?" Debby giggled.

"Okay, Tyler. So y'know how you have a crush on Josh?" Tyler opened his mouth to deny it, but Debby continued to talk. "Shut up, I'm kinda interested in another guy as well as Josh, anyways, so you're not aloud to feel guilty. Back to my earlier topic, I suspected that awhile before now and I also suspected that Josh likes you back so y'know last night I confronted him and he admitted it and I was right and yeah and go get yourself your man." Debby let out a breath in exhaustion as Tyler stared at her blankly, still comprehending. She pushed him towards the door. "Tyler, go!"

Tyler ran. He would think he'd be heading to Josh's house as fast as his legs could carry him, but instead he found himself by the bridge. He'd never thought about this while Josh was unobtainable, but he was scared. He felt someone sit next to him, but he didn't need to look up to know it was Josh.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Tyler sighed. Debby made it pretty clear Josh would already know Tyler liked him, but he still felt nervous.

"I'm scared." He whispered. Josh tilted Tyler's chin so their eyes met.

"I would never do anything to hurt you. I understand that it's scary but I'll be here for you, forever. Romantically, or not." Tyler smiled, before crashing his and Josh's lips together. He pulled away for breath, resting his forehead against Josh's as had been done the night before.

"I think it's time for me to live a little."

(A/N: this is super long lucky you guys. hope you enjoyed love yall stay alive |-/)