Falling Too

Description- Tyler and Josh do love each other, but Josh is scared.

674 Words

|-/

"Josh. Josh. Joooooosh." Josh shifted on the couch, pulling his hat further over his eyes. It was hard to sleep when Tyler was sitting criss-cross applesauce on the ground, right by his face and demanding attention. As cute as it was, Josh was tired. Stop that, brain. Josh thought, trying to resist the urge to lift Tyler onto the couch to sleep with him.

Josh knew Tyler loved him. Tyler admitted it, tried to kiss him, even, but that's not what Josh wanted. It's not that Josh wasn't in love with Tyler, he loved Tyler more than anything, he was just scared. He was scared he'd fall deeper in love, then Tyler would leave. He was scared people wouldn't accept them, and he couldn't lie to the clique. He was terrified, and for part of it, he didn't even know why.

Tyler knew Josh loved him back. He knew his best-friend like the back of his hand. He was sad Josh was scared, but he was going to help. Josh wouldn't be scared. They'd be together, and finally, happy.

"Joshua William Dun." Josh rolled his eyes behind his beanie. "Okay, if that doesn't work I'm gonna start using pick-up lines."

"Tyler, no." Josh groaned. It was too late. Tyler was grinning evilly.

"Hey. Hey, Josh. My taste in music is your face.

And guess what else? I can't trust you. I heard in a song that you shouldn't trust a perfect person and well, you."

Tyler sighed as he was getting no reaction other than Josh blushing and trying to hide his smile in his hoodie. "Okay, okay. I didn't think it would come to this. I scream, you scream, we all scream, but it's not because we're terrified." Tyler winked and Josh began to laugh hysterically.

"Tyler, no." Tyler smiled.

"Tyler, yes...Josh?" He asked, leaning his head in his hands. Josh hummed curiously in response, still giggling slightly. "Do you love me?" Tyler asked. Josh's eyes widened as the atmosphere became tense and he turned his head away from Tyler.

"Of course I love you, Tyler. You're-" Tyler cut Josh off with an exasperated sigh.

"Josh, you know that's not what I mean. And don't try to say no either because I know the truth." Josh simply pulled his sweatshirt up to cover his red cheeks and nodded. "Why are you scared to be with me?"

"Tyler, I've had huge problems with relationships before. I can't take losing you. I can't risk our friendship. You're the person I love most in the world and if you leave me I can't guarantee I'll live long enough to love someone else." Tyler grabbed one of Josh's hands. Josh flinched, but didn't pull away.

"Josh, you don't have to worry. I love you more than anything and if you didn't love me and therefore didn't want to be with me, that'd be perfectly okay, but Josh, you do love me. You love me and from years of being in love with you I know how painful it is not being with the one you love. If you didn't love me, I would endure the pain knowing it'd make you happy, but you're hurting, too, Josh. Give me a chance."

Tyler put a hand on Josh's cheek and turned his face so that he could see. He noticed a tear rolling down Josh's cheek and immediately stood up and began to pace. Josh followed Tyler and stood up.

"Oh my God, Josh. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. I'm pressuring you. Oh my god. I'm sorry, Josh. This-" As Tyler turned around again, Josh grabbed Tyler's face in both his hands and kissed him, hard. Tyler pulled away. "Josh, are you sure?"

Josh rolled his eyes, grabbing Tyler's hand as he walked backwards to the bunks. "Tyler, would you shut up?" He asked, smiling. "I'm trying-" Josh pressed his lips to Tyler's hand. "to kiss-" a kiss to the cheek "my boyfriend." When their lips met again, neither was scared anymore.

(A/N: sorry for asking again but if yall could give me prompts thatd be much appreciated recently i have no motivation or inspiration and i could really use some help if you want these to keep going. nevertheless, hope you enjoyed this one love you and stay alive |-/)