lol pt. 2 and still no title idea

this is for diana {{dun-with-1d}} and @egyederika}}

Description: Tyler had an explanation.

800 Words

|-/

Josh had gotten off of his shift twenty minutes ago and he still hadn't gotten a text. Nervously, he bit at his nails. He'd expected Tyler to text him right away, just so that Josh would have his number to let him know when his shift ended, if anything. He waited for another half hour before walking home and deciding to hope more for a text there.

He opened the door to his apartment, sighing as he unlocked his phone and selected Brendon's contact. "Josh, you know this is my shift. What do you need?"

"Don't be mad. I'm sorry, Beebo. I met someone today. He's really cute and sweet and I was expecting a text from him but I haven't gotten anything." He heard Brendon sigh as he flopped down on his couch.

"I'm sorry, Spooks. It's okay. I love you, man. You'll find someone eventually. What's his name? I'll let you know if he comes in." Josh wanted to tell Brendon that he didn't want someone eventually, he wanted Tyler now, but instead he answered Brendon's question.

"His name's Tyler. He has short brown hair, and brown eyes, and he- sorry he's really cute. Thank you. Love you, Beebo." Brendon laughed under his breath.

"Alright, J. Well I gotta go on my shift, now, but thanks for helping me procrastinate. Love you, too. B out." Josh laughed, setting his phone down on his chest before staring up at the ceiling while he anxiously waited for it to go off.

An hour later, Tyler rushed into the coffee shop, completely disheveled and panicked. He saw no Josh. He ran up to the counter, startling the cashier who had been on his phone. "Hi, uh, I'm Tyler. I was here earlier and I met this guy Josh and he was really cute and great and yeah but anyways, he gave me his number and I was gonna call him but when I got home I fell asleep and in my sleep I kicked my coffee onto my phone and now my stupid roommate Dallon-that's the guy who just came in behind me, looking guilty- decided to take it into the shop just in case, even though it probably isn't broken but um do you know Josh's address? I wanna go apologize."

Brendon rolled his eyes, listing off Josh's street, apartment building, and room number. Tyler rushed out with a short thanks. Brendon looked over to Tyler's roommate- Dallon, rather- grinning as he noticed he had met a cute boy, just like Josh. Dallon smiled back as he blushed. "Sorry about Tyler. H-He's a little lovestruck."

"That makes two of us."

|-/

Josh crawled off of the couch hesitantly, not bothering to put on a shirt before answering the door. He was met with a flustered Tyler holding a box of chocolate and two lattes. Josh blushed despite his normal hatred for cliches. Tyler blushed, biting his lip. "I can explain." He said.

Josh grinned, opening the door for Tyler who stepped inside and flushed bright red, shifting his gaze to the floor. "I, um, I should go change." He really didn't want his second encounter with Tyler shirtless and in sweatpants. "Be right back. You can sit down, if you want."

He barely heard Tyler when his back was turned, mumbling to himself. "That's not necessary; you look hot enough already." Josh knew he wasn't supposed to hear, but, regardless, he took a few steps backwards, smirking with an eyebrow raised.

"Alright, then I won't." Tyler blushed an even deeper red, which he hadn't known was possible as Josh plopped down on the couch. Tyler sat next to him, placing the chocolate and coffees on the table.

"I'm sorry I never texted you. Did you think I forgot about you?" Josh nodded, looking down. Tyler felt his heart break a little. Josh looked back up at Tyler, a grin replacing his previously sad face. He grabbed the box of chocolates from the table.

"You said you had an explanation?" He said as he examined one of the chocolates. Tyler nodded, giggling to himself. Josh extended his arm out to Tyler, who hesitantly ate the chocolate between Josh's fingers. "Hit me." Tyler, after swallowing, grinned. Josh took notice of his beautiful smile. His teeth were a little crooked, and nowhere near perfect, but Josh liked them just the same, if not more so for it.

Tyler launched into his explanation of why he hadn't contacted Josh. Josh laughed along, occasionally sipping from his coffee or having a chocolate. Tyler ended his explanation with an apology. "Don't apologize to me. I'm sorry you went through that much effort for me."

Tyler simply grinned back, yet again, but in his head, he thought to himself,

I wouldn't have it any other way.

(A/N: hOPE YOU LIKED IT.. ALSO THANK YOU FOR 5K THATS FUCKING AMAZING. COULDNT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU GUYS SO WELL FUCKING DONE. i love you all and stay alive |-/)