Four AM

Description: It may be four AM, but if Tyler is sad, a four AM date is worth it.

779 Words

|-/

Josh climbed into Tyler's bunk as the other man scribbled in his notebook. "Josh, why are you up? It's four AM." Josh pressed a kiss to Tyler's cheek, giggling.

"Touché, but you're up, too. Why're you awake?" Tyler frowned, staring down at his notebook blankly.

"Helping."

"Helping who, Tyler?" Josh said, his eyebrows creasing together in worry. He brushed his fingers over Tyler's cheekbone, trying to soothe him as he now looked upset.

"Those kids, Josh. They need me. They need us. Our music helps them and we need to keep making it. They need us." He whispers, voice thick. Josh carefully removed Tyler's notebook from his grip, sighing.

"C'mon, Tyler. We're going on a date." Tyler smiled softly as Josh grabbed his hand.

"Josh, it's four AM." Josh was out of the bunk, now, tugging on Tyler's hand.

"That's sounds like the perfect time. Date time." Tyler giggled quietly and obliged, getting out of his bunk. Their hands clasped together, they quietly walked to the front of the bus and grabbed their longboards.

"Hold on, I'll be right back." Tyler nodded and went outside.

Once outside, Josh grabbed Tyler by the waist and kissed him, laughing. It surprised Tyler, both of them, really. They'd only been dating for about a week and a half, after finally confessing their feelings, and it still surprised them that they could express their emotions, now.

"What was that about?" Tyler laughed. Josh stepped onto his longboard and Tyler did the same, holding hands still.

"It was about the boy I'm in love with."

They began to skate, though Tyler was simply following Josh around as he he had no idea what one did on a four AM date. Tyler rolled his eyes and Josh stopped at a 24-hour convenience store.

"Oh, how romantic, Dun. Wow, my boyfriend's really a charmer." Tyler poked Josh's stomach, the two of them laughing. Though Tyler was making fun of Josh for the idea, truth be told, he thought the date was sweet, if a bit unconventional.

Josh pulled Tyler into the store, smirking as the cashier let out a loud snort, waking up. The cashier glared at them but Josh simply giggled in response as he dragged Tyler into an aisle. Josh began to grab chips and bags of candy from the walls. "Josh, what are you doing?"

"You, later." Tyler stopped laughing instantly and began to cough. Josh looked over at him and chuckled. "Tyler, I'm just trying to cheer you up and have a fun night with my boyfriend. As for, 'doing you', that comes when you're ready. I'm just messing around and being an annoying boyfriend. Have you ever known me to be anything but annoying?" Tyler smiled, glancing up at Josh through his eyelashes.

"You never cease to make me smile, Dun." He said, grabbing Josh's face in both hands and kissing him. Once they pulled away, Josh grabbed Tyler's hand and a can of whip cream. "Really, Josh?" Josh simply shrugged.

After paying, Tyler followed Josh as he skated through a dull parking lot. He stopped at the edge, which had a hill lining it. Josh hopped off of his longboard and quickly swooped Tyler up into his arms, bridal style, as Tyler giggled.

Josh carried Tyler and the bags up the hill, setting both down as he reached the top. He pulled off his hoodie and threw it on the ground. He pulled Tyler into him by his waist and kissed his temple, smiling. Josh picked up the bag and pulled out some candy and the whipped cream before sitting down on the ground. Tyler smiled, bending down and straddling Josh's hips. Josh smiled, lifting one arm to spray whip cream into Tyler's mouth.

Tyler laughed and pushed Josh down so his back touched the ground, head resting against his crumpled hoodie. Once he had removed the whip cream from his boyfriend's hand, he didn't hesitate to spray a mustache onto Josh's upper lip. "I think you look better this way, J. You should keep it." Josh smiled.

"Kiss me, then." Tyler tilted his head, scrunching up his nose. Adorable, Josh thought, flushing bright red. Despite the fact that Tyler and Josh were already dating, Josh still couldn't help but think of Tyler as a stupid middle school crush.

"I can't. I'll get whip cream on my face." Josh frowned, jutting out his bottom lip. Tyler leaned down, smiling as he hovered inches above Josh's face. "Mmm...I think you're worth it." He leaned down and sealed their lips together, smiling deeply. Josh blushed as Tyler whispered against his lips. "Yeah, you're worth it. You're worth everything to me."

(A/N: this could be better written obviously but goals tbh. i havent written in forever sorry im struggling. regardless i hope you guys all enjoyed. stay alive |-/)