chapter 15 :)

Chapter 15

*NEOLA’S POV”

‘Woah so handsome’, that’s what I thought when I first saw William Fox. He looked worried when he first saw me. His eyes travelled through my body freely, I think he was wondering why am I here. This is the first time that I’ve been here in the surface. My father always tells me that there are humans that are dangerous and there are humans that are good people.

I had a hard time comprehending the words that He was talking about when we were in the cave. It made me giggle inside when I touched his body, but I think he was mad because he said ‘excuse me?’ and his eyebrows are raised. He was the first human that I ever encountered. I’m so amazed by these creatures because of what they call feet.

I don’t know why William gets red every time I took off those garments, it’s irritating and itchy. When he brought me to his cave, it was so beautiful. It has so many lights and there is a huge rock where you can go in and it goes up and down and it will take you to your own cave. William also gave me delicious human food. He taught me how to eat the yellow and long looking coral, I didn’t know that human eat corals.

I was trying to understand what he was talking about because his language is new to me. The next morning he got red again when he saw me lying next to him. Why was he so shocked when he is my protector, ops I forgot to tell him. I studied his language when I watched a mysterious box that has many people inside and many other creatures too. That’s where I met sponge bob. He was so funny.

Later when I got to know how to speak their language William was shocked when he first heard my voice, he was so… cute as what human describe. It hurts me deep inside when he didn’t believe me until the vipers arrived. I was explaining to him that they want me dead and so is he, but he just wants me to go home. But still, he protected me even though he was confused.

After the fight with the Vipers that day, he brought me to his own cave. It was homier than the other cave that we stayed in. He introduced me to a mysterious tub that can produced bubbles and I got curious so I let him took me to bath and bathe me. He became red again.

He also took me too m-mall. It has more lights and I didn’t know that humans can make sea creatures out of wax and some other stuff, that’s what William said.

My sister and I finally found each other after a long time, and I met her protector it was Arthur… Art for short, he was handsome too, but William is more handsome than he is. When I told William that I was still nine, he got shocked. I don’t know why, every time I asked him he will just say that it was a human thing. So I didn’t bother to ask him again.

William went back to his work. Humans go to work so that they can buy whatever they need and want, just like mermaids, we do work too. But because I’m the princess and I’m still young I don’t do those laborious works, the other mermaids so it for me.

Larissa and Art also lived with us in William’s cave. When William was at work Art and Larissa are always together, I miss my sister but now I miss William more. Why does he have to leave me here. William called I thought he would talk to me but he said to Art that I have to dress up with human garments he said that we will have a date. I asked him what a date is and Art said that it was a thing that humans do with the one they like or love.

Love? William told me about love he said that, It’s when you do everything just to make that person happy. When you make special things to surprise that person… you want to be with him always… and loving that person is the only thing that you will think of for that rest of your life. That’s what he said, does this mean that William… loves me?

I was so excited dressing with this itchy garments, when he arrived, he just looked at me for a moment I think he didn’t like it, but he said ‘wow’ so I guess it’s fine. When I asked where were we going he said to a friend’s house, when we got there, a beautiful girl ran towards him calling his name and Willima hugged her tightly. Then he said that it was Devon and later introduced me to Brandon his best friend. His best… that’s when I realized that the girl named Devon was the girl that William fell in love with and got his heart broken.  I don’t know what I felt that time, it was mixed. But all I know is that William brought me here not for a date, but to see this girl… Devon.