chapter 19 - mermaid of mine :)

Chapter 19

*ART’S POV*

Shoot! How did the vipers find out that we are here? The worst part is that Larissa is with me. I’m so stupid for bringing her here.

We ran to the opposite direction. Larissa is panicking and I don’t know what to do.

“Don’t worry, I will protect you.” Is all that I can say to her and she nodded.

“I already contacted my sister, she said that Leroy and the others will find us.” She said.

Right, she can telepathically talk to her sister whenever or wherever they are. “Good.”

I looked around and saw that Vipers are coming… and they are fast. I grabbed her and ran again. I hate to admit but I can’t defeat them by myself, they are too many. We were running for our lives and the next thing I knew… we’ve been surrounded. I took Larissa behind me, but they are circling us. I let my weapons out. The guy called Crayos is here and he smirked at me. Asshole!

“Long time no see.” Crayos said with an evil smirk.

“Shut up asshole!” I said.

He hissed and looked at Larissa. “Lumalaki kang maganda katulad ng kapatid mo mahal na prinsesa.” (You’re growing beautifully like your sister your majesty.) He said to Larissa and damn, I don’t know what he is talking about. But I can see in Larissa’s expression that she doesn’t like what this guy said.

“You don’t have the right to talk to her.” I said, I don’t like feeling out of place here.

“You talk too much human.” He smirked again and motioned his allies to attack.

They attacked. Oh Crap!. The viper rushed in together in an attack. I shielded her with my other hand and I threw the boomerang with the other, In one throw I killed five of them. The training is a success I’m telling you. Booyah! But after the five attacked another batch rushed after us.

“Larissa! Go! Run!” I said, they are too many.

“I can’t leave you alone Art!” she said.

“Go! You will not leave me, you are going to help me. You have to find them and get help.” I said when we had an opportunity to hide in one of the big trees. I know they will find us any second now and I have to make her safe. “Do you understand? You have to go and find help.” I cupped her face with my hands and she nodded.

I watch her running towards the opposite direction from where the Vipers are. 

“Patayin nyu siya!” (Kill him!) I heard someone and it was Crayos.

The vipers attacked and I threw the boomerang and used another weapon for the nearer attack, they are just too many. When I had an opening I launched towards Crayos but he avoided me, and I realized that he is not looking at me, he was looking at the direction where Larissa is.

Before he ran he looked at me and smiled maliciously. I knew that he will go after her. Before I could stop him, another set of vipers attacked and all I could do is shout her name.

“LARISSA!!!!” I was hoping that Leroy found her before that bastard.

I wasn’t thinking with that fight, my mind is filled with Larissa, hoping that she is safe. The Vipers sensed that I wasn’t concentrating and they got me. Daggers after daggers were being buried under my flesh. I didn’t exactly imagine that I would die like this. But before death comes I have to make sure that these creatures will die first. I threw the boomerang and lifted my sword; together I used them and defeated the remaining Vipers.