chapter 13

Chapter 13

*William Fox*

“Wake up sleepy heads!!” Leroy shouted while banging two gongs that made a very disturbing sound.

“OW!!” Art shouted back. He cleared his eyes and ears and made a look at the window. “What time is it?”

“It’s already 4 in the morning.” Leroy said.

“What?! It’s only four so let us sleep for Pete’s sake!” He said and curled under his bed sheet and covered his ears with his pillow.

“Yeah it’s still four, what’s up with you waking us so early.” I said.

“You are here for training, remember?” He said raising an eyebrow. “Now get on your feet and follow me.”

Yeah… training… great. I bolted up from my bed, still sleepy but, what else can I do. Art is still on bed, didn’t even move an inch. Leroy got pissed and went out of the room. I went to the bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth, when I walk out of the bathroom, I heard a loud footsteps. I looked out, it was Leroy bringing a basin… and I guess I know what will happen next, I have to see this. I let him in freely in our room, we’re both grinning.

“What the %$#@ was that?!!” Art exclaimed when Leroy pour the freezing ice water on him.

‘booyah!’ I thought.

“That is for not waking up on my first attempt.” Leroy said and we both laugh.

“That is not funny at all.” Art said while wiping his face with dry towel.
“Whatever kid, not get up and wash up… I guess I already did the washing, so all you have to do is to get yourself up in that bed.” Leroy said and went out.

I was still laughing, his face was priceless!!

“That was not funny.” He said looking at me.

I shrugged my shoulders, “whatever kid, so let’s go down stairs.”

“I’m not a kid, and yeah I will go down after changing into my DRY clothes.” He said dramatically.

I went out first. I was wondering how Neola is. This is the first time that we didn’t go to sleep together. I sneaked in to their room. She was still sleeping. ‘How can she even sleep so comfortable without me.’ I thought. What was I thinking? I shove it off and went downstairs. Art and Leroy both looked at me.

“Where were you?” Leroy asked.

“Yeah I thought you already went ahead of me.” Art said with a teasing grin. “Oh you visited her huh… still in denial eh?” He said.

I shook my head. “Shut up shrimp.” I said and he pouted.

“Enough with the girly stuff, now we are going to have your basic training.” Leroy started. He led us out, it’s still pitch dark and cold, we are in the forest. He showed us a big… no huge more like gigantic pile of gigantic tree trunks “You will use this.” He gave us an axe each.”

“What is this?” Art said, his eyes are set on the pile of tree trunks.

“Isn’t it obvious?” Leroy said.

“Wait, what do you mean?” I asked.

“You will be chopping those trunks into this size.” He showed us a little log, an arm length wood.

“You want us to chop these gigantic tree trunks into a size of that small log?” Art clarified.

“Yes.”