chapter 5

Chapter 5

*William Fox*

“Do you want to go out of the hotel? I heard that there is a festival in this town.” I told Neola while folding her new clothes back in the closet. Why am I even doing these? I don’t know, my body just moves on its own.  It seems like I’m under a spell or something.

“What is a festival?” She asked through her mind.

“Well… it is a celebration in a local community… they celebrate for different reasons.”

“Then what is the reason of this town to celebrate?”

“I heard that they are doing this for the mermaids… for giving them prosperous harvest from the sea.”

No response, I looked at her, she’s smiling.

“Why are you smiling?”

“I want to go to that festival my knight.” She said excitedly.

“William… just call me William.” I told her.

“W-William.” She said and her eyes became pink. I think she’s blushing. I saw that color on the cave when she’s touching my legs.

“Ok we will go there.”

“Thank you.” She said.

I’ve been with Neola for like two days, but it seems like I’m already comfortable being around with her. I still don’t believe the stuff that she’s saying but the fact that she can talk to me through her mind is something. After a while of some arranging her stuff, we decided to go out and it’s almost sun down so her skin won’t spark that much and will cost too much attention, aside from her being so unbelievably beautiful.

“Wait.” I told her and gave her a scarf.

“What is this for?”

“To cover the crystal on your chest, people will notice it from you trust me you’re a head turner.”

“What is a head turner?” She asks while I wrap the scarf around her neck and cover the crystal.

“It’s a… human thing.” I said and grab her hand. “Let’s go.

We went out of the hotel and I decided that we will use the car.

“What is that?” She asks with her eyes wide open.

“Amm… a car?” I said and open the door for her.”

“What will I do?”

“You will go inside and sit here.” I gestured to the passenger’s seat.

She seems bewildered but did as I said. She made a little jump when she heard the accelerator and made some squeal when I pressed the gas. I chuckled. Is this really the first time that she saw a car?

We we’re silent until we arrive at the place where they held the mermaid festival. I have to grab her out from the car, she seemed to be in a pause mode. Until I snap her back.

“That was a mysterious kind of transportation.” She said. I chuckled as I can see a shock on her face.

“Pft… mysterious huh. Let’s go.” I told her. “Hold my hand so that you won’t get lost.” She did what I told her. There are many guys out there who are so envious right now. I feel proud by just doing this. Hahaha I laugh in my mind… ops speaking of mind.

“Can you read my mind?” I asked her, it will be so embarrassing if she knows what I’m thinking right now.

“No, I can only talk to you through my mind.” She said. I sighed. That was close. “Why do you ask?”