chapter 9

Chapter 9

*William Fox*

It’s already 6 pm so I drove back home to fetch Neola, hoping that Art gave her the right clothes to wear.

I opened the door, Art was there with Larissa, watching… sponge bob. I sighed.

“Welcome home sir!” Art said making a hand salute.

“Will you stop making a salute, it’s irritating.” I said.

“Sorry, I just feel like we’re soldiers, ready for battle, you know about the girls.” He said.

“You are being paranoid.”

“Welcome back William.” Larissa said. Her eyes are silver.

“Is that your natural eye color?” I can’t help but ask.

“Yes.” She said.

“Oh okay…” I looked around, looking for Neola. “Where is she? We have to go now.”

“Be patient lover boy, she’s in your room.” Art said.

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever, you guys can go home now, I can take it from here.” I said.

“can we stay here for the night more like two more months?” Art said that made me jerk my head back to his direction.

I raised my eyebrow. “What?!”

“Well, my mom and dad aren’t home until the next two months, so we’re kind of ‘lonely’ back there.” He said with air quotations in the word LONELY. I know what he meant.

“Didn’t your parent s left you with a guardian?”

“Yes they did, Mrs. Ema, but she’s too old, it’s more like I’m the one taking care of her… please?” He begged dramatically.

I thought about our condition and I can make benefit out of it. Neola and Larissa wants to be with each other and Art can their baby sitter for free. In that way there won’t be any problem with me working.

“Okay I agree.”

“YES!!!” Art exclaimed and jumped holding Larissa’s hands and they jumped together.

“But…” That made them stop and looked at me. “You have to behave, and follow all my rules and regulations, especially for your safety.  You will take care of them when I’m gone. No parties will ever be held here in my apartment. My other rules will be explained later when we come back from dinner. We are going to be late.” I said.

They didn’t argue but I can see them grinning. I knock at the door before entering.

“Wow.” I said when I saw her wearing an elegant slim fitting cocktail dress with eye-catching low back and cloud-inspired detailing at neckline that hides the crystal on her chest. She looks perfect in that black colored dress. Her long hair was pony tailed and seems shorter though.

“Do you like it?” she asked through her mind.

“You look beautiful.” I said honestly.

She smiled and her eyes became pink.

“Oh before I forgot, you have to wear this.” I gave her contact lenses. They will notice the changes in her eyes.

“What are those?”

“It’s contact lenses, so that they won’t know what you are. They might freak out.” I said and started to put in on her.

“What’s freak out?” she asked.