chapter 12

Chapter 12

*William Fox*

After the recent incident with the vipers the other day, we immediately went back home and pack our things for our so called “training”. Things are just going insane for us, for me… I know that this is something serious, but sometimes when I think about it… what if this is just all a dream, that all of these didn’t exist… that Neola didn’t exist. What if this is just all a dream.

We we’re packing more stuff again, Art is singing, He’s excited. He’s been talking about it the whole time in our way home. I don’t know if he’s taking this seriously, it seems like a computer game to him. Larissa is just looking at him smiling and wiggling her feet while Art is fixing her stuff, plenty of her stuff.

“You spoil her so much.” I told Art when the sisters are watching sponge bob, that’s their favorite show.

“Huh? What are you talking about?”

“Larissa, you buy her lots of things way beyond her need, and it doesn’t look like she requested this things from you.”

“No she didn’t. I just like buying this stuff for her. Besides when I first met her I feel like she needs me, so the first thing I did was the things that I thought can make her feel at ease. Because… these things are the only thing I had when I was lonely…” He said, now I can see his face being serious for the first time. “… my mom and dad are not always there for me… well they never did. They are always at work, on business trips or on a meeting; they never had time for me. All they think was the things that they can buy and provide for me, they never thought that I needed more than that.” He looked at me. “when I saw Larissa, I felt that she is like me, she needed to be taken care of, but since I don’t know how to do that aside from giving or buying her things, that’s the first thing I did.”

I  was in awe in his seriousness. “Wow… that was…deep.” Is all that I can say.

“I know…” he said with his eyes set on Larissa who is now laughing with Neola.

The night ended up with Neola curling up with me in the bed. We all fell asleep. We woke up early in the morning, and I’m kind of use that Art is cooking for us. I called Brandon that I have to go away for a while and that I will do my job through “technology, (as what Leroy advice me to do.)” Gladly he agreed and didn’t ask for more details cause I have to lie to him more if he did.

“Ready?” Leroy asked when he got into the front of my apartment with his H2 SUT  4-Door Four Wheel Drive , 393 bhp, 415 lb-ft, 6-sp Automatic, 5 passengers, 6.2-liter, 8-cylinder engine.

“Wow.” Art muttered.

“Let’s go… ladies first?” Leroy said and gestured to the girls.

“Thank you.” Larissa said, Neola smiled.

Art was the one who entertained us while traveling, with his questions and being excited with training, he was showing some muscles with the girls. I just rolled my eyes. I haven’t had a complete sleep since the recent attack of the Vipers so I fell asleep while traveling.

We made stop overs for food or for personal necessities, and I fell asleep again. It was late in the afternoon when I woke up.

“Where are we?” I asked as I cleared my eyes and stretched my arms a little, Neola is sleeping in my shoulders. I looked around, Art and Larissa are sleeping to each other. 

“They are finally asleep, well we are …….. here.” Leroy made a prolong before saying “Here”. He made a turn into a very long drive way… but… it’s not… it’s… in the middle of nowhere.