|23|

Couldn't leave y'all with a short chapter, so here's the next! Enjoyy

They crept toward the bunker door, falling in along the wall.

"Overwatch, what's our status?" Soap asked.

"No activity," Patel reassured over the radio, "you're clear to move in."

"Good copy." He moved forward, hand reaching for the handle—which turned immediately. "Well, that's no fun," he stated quietly.

She rolled her eyes as the door creaked open, but focused her mind as they stormed in, not giving anyone a chance to be alerted by the door.

The first thing she noticed was the walls; makeshift from wooden planks and dry wall, and with a doorway in the middle. Then she noticed the cold; it was barely warmer inside than it was outside.

With night vision goggles, they didn't bother to turn their flashlights on as they moved in, guns sweeping around the corner before coming to a long hallway. Doors were lined on either side, made of those weak walls that didn't even reach the ceiling. One of them opened and bleary eyes turned to panic as they slammed their door shut upon seeing intruders.

Soap knocked in the first door as she went to the one across, doing the same. And Gaz behind her did the same. One after the next, the team took a room.

As she kicked the door open, a body scrambled in their bed, "Special forces, hands up!" she barked, guns scanning the room.

A pair of shaking hands were thrown into the air and she waved the gun to the wall. "Up, and against the wall!"

They scrambled back until they hit the wall, handing hard on the floor, "Please—"

"Up and against the wall!"

They finally complied, standing and throwing themselves back until they were pressed against the stone. A soldier who had stepped in behind her met her line of sight and took over.

Without a second glance she retreated from the room. "Room clear," she reported as she stopped at the next closed door, but found as she pushed it open was empty.