|1|

"Daisy, huh?"

"Lieutenant Daisy," Price corrected. "So play nice."

Simon's brow shot up, "Lieutenant Daisy. Sounds terrifying."

"Just read the file and get familiar. Farrell's ETA is forty minutes, so we'll group up then and have a proper round of introductions," Price ordered as he turned towards the door.

Simon huffed, eyes following his Captain as he flipped the folder open. "Copy that, sir."

He knew better than to judge someone on their name—but hell, he couldn't see a reason for a name like Daisy.

Poor lad, he thought before he started reading.

Well, skimming.

Drew Farrell. Lieutenant. 29. Six years in the service. Counter-terrorism technical tactician.

Simon's brow raised in interest; studied at the Royal Military College of Canada while simultaneously taking a political science degree at Queens University.

Followed by graduate studies in international relations.

"Smart one, then," he mumbled.

Trained at the Canadian Special Operations Training Center.

Accepted onto Joint Task Force-2

Worked on Operation ION for 16 months.

Stationed in Jordan for Operation IMPACT for two years.

A decorated soldier. Not necessarily rivaling himself, but he nearly had a decade on the sap. It wouldn't take much time and Daisy would make a name for himself.

Not a bad one to have on the team.

He dropped the file and leaned back in his chair, mind working through their newest threat: an unboardered terrorist group that necessitated recruiting Daisy.

The group were seemingly a rag tag organization who couldn't care less about their home countries. From what they'd gathered, they weren't trying to impose religious control or wanted government destabilization, they were global terrorists, pulling resources from across the world with an interest in what?

He didn't know.

World-domination was much too adolescent a thought, but there was no single country who would benefit from their rise in power.

They were dangerous, with a deathly strong web of connections that no one seemed able to identify. Even their intel source was only hear-say. But if that intel was correct, they were building a weapons cache.

That's why they needed someone with a particular skill set; experience in global relations, experience in the military. This Daisy seemed to be exactly what they needed to take down the terrorists.

And Simon would be damned if he wasn't going to be part of it.

Drew liked the routine of moving onto a new base. The packing, transit, unpacking. A relieving change in scenery.

She guessed if she didn't like change, she wouldn't have joined the military—not that that was the most challenging part of the job, but she'd moved around enough in the last decade that if she didn't like change, it might have bothered her.

As she dropped out of the SUV, she scanned what she could see of the base, committing her surroundings to memory. A practiced skill.

"Lieutenant Farrell," a now familiar voice called.