|3|

Drew fell into the base routine easily, going from assignment, to work, to personal time without issue. And, according to Price, it was time for TF141 to do some group bonding—whatever the hell that meant. She'd expected another night at the pub, maybe board games. Instead, she was instructed to meet at a building on the far side of the campus, one she'd not visited before.

So, when she traipsed through a small forest and came to the backend of a hulking sun-bleached warehouse, she assumed she'd gone to the wrong location.

There was nothing—and no body—around. Well, except a shed that was tucked behind the warehouse nearly in the trees.

She was certain she followed Price's directions properly, so she circled the building, eyes jumping from windows to vents, looking for any indication that this was where she needed to be. It didn't look particularly important, or maintained, so maybe this was an old outbuilding? She stepped close to the door, listening in case the team was already inside.

"Nancy Drew lookin' for clues?"

"Looking for a ghost to hunt, actually," she bit back before turning.

Ghost stood a few feet behind her, arms crossed over his chest. His face was covered by the mask again; normal considering she'd only caught glimpses of his chiseled features over the last week.

Somehow, their interactions had been much more civil than their first training day—although they were minimal. Overseeing PT twice a week, meals shared with the team, some passing moments in the hallways. They were awkward, filled with tension, but civil. They kept their noses in their own business and did their jobs.

Her eyes flicked behind him, seeing Soap and Gaz a small ways behind him.

"Morning, Daisy," Soap called once close enough.

"Lieutenant," Gaz greeted.

"Morning guys. Y'all wanna explain what's going on?"

"Little training to make sure we can work as a team in the field," Gaz explained.

"Training? On our day off?" she asked pointedly.

"You too tired, Lieutenant?" Ghost asked condescendingly.

"I just wanted a break from seeing you."

"Looks like you two have already bonded," Gaz teased as he gestured everyone to move toward the entrance.

Drew went first, pulling the door open and wandering into a small room, bare except for the entrance to a hallway and a table to her right that was covered in weapons.

Price stood beside it, sending them a smile. "Mornin'."

"Morning, Captain," she nodded, eyes moving to a second door behind him, then up the walls. Above them was a catwalk, which looked like it went around the perimeter of the building. The walls of the 'room' didn't reach the ceiling, instead the drywall stopped some nine feet in the air.

"Daisy, welcome to one of our battle simulators. There are hostages that you and your partner must find and rescue. Rules of engagement are lax; I want to see how you work under pressure and with cheap shots. That being said, no head shots, no dick shots, and don't do anything to actually injure someone else."

"Sounds easy enough," she nodded.

"Hand to hand is allowed, melee is allowed. Shots to the chest are the only kill shots."

"Understood."

He stepped forward holding out a small bowl. There were three papers inside, which she could only assume had the names of the team. Picking one at random, she unfolded it and smirked.