|21| Explicit Content 18+

"Confirmed; the farm is abandoned," a soldier reported over the radio.

Drew and the rest of the team were in the meeting room, listening in over the mission. They had a feed of the bunker on one computer, and a new feed of the Japanese business depot on another.

"Delta-three in position."

"Delta-four in position."

"Copy that team, delta-five in position."

The team sat, eyes between the video feeds and each other.

It was silent for a few tense minutes until a staticky voice chimed through.

"Targets approaching. A delivery-style truck."

A few moments later, there was more chatter.

"Second target approaching. Another truck."

Her eyes focused on the radio receiver, anticipation building.

"Transaction is beginning."

"No access to the weapons."

What?

"Zero-five, permission to tag the truck instead?"

"Permission granted, zero-four. Get it on and get out."

There was tense silence around them.

"Vehicle is fitted with tracker. Zero-four retreating."

She nodded her head slightly, but it wasn't over. They needed to get out of there.

"Targets are moving the weapons."

"Zero-four, what is your position?"

"Behind the house."

"Good copy."

She didn't feel her shoulders release their tension for another minute.

"Targets retreating. Requesting exfil."

Price picked up the transmitter, "Sending helo for exfil, get to the extraction point."

Then he was pulling out his phone, dialing the pilot and alerting him to move in.

Soap let out a comfortable sigh, his hands moving to brace the back of his head. "Good work team."

Drew let out an amused scoff, "Your role in this was irreplaceable," she noted sarcastically.

"I think we deserve dinner."

"Aye, let's get something to eat," Price agreed. "Heard a few of you had a busy afternoon," he said pointedly, eyes on her.

She nearly blushed thinking about the showers, but she knew he was talking about the sparring. "Have to keep up on the training."

"You win?"

"A couple times."

"Atta girl."

Her hands fisted in her lap; the words so entwined to Ghost's praises that she nearly forgot others could say it. Thankfully, no one noticed the way her thighs squeezed together and instead stood, making their way out of the room.

They had nothing else to do with the mission; listening in was only to ensure they didn't have to move in on the bunker. There was another team monitoring back at base, as well as watching the tracker, so they were free. At least until something changed.

She followed the group, arriving slightly early for dinner considering the timeliness of the mission.

The release of tension made time rush around her; the minutes that felt like an eternity in that meeting room suddenly passed quickly, full of laughter and banter. When they moved to the common room, she'd barely even processed the fact.