|15|

The next day and a half were filled with tension as they tried to get a better read of what was inside the bunker. The cameras hadn't caught anything through the door, and nothing helpful had been picked up on the bug, so they were left questioning.

Unlike Frank's place and the warehouse, the bunker was too fortified—a good choice on their part but it only made Drew want to bust the door down to get answers. But instead, they were picked up by helo in the early hours of the morning.

When they landed at base, the three of them were surprised to be greeted by Parker on the tarmac.

"I was told to bring you for a meeting when you touched down," he explained.

Her brows furrowed; it was only six in the morning, even for them it was early.

"Let's get going then," Price nodded.

They made their way to HQ and to their regular meeting room, where Soap and Gaz were sat, along with Adcox.

"Price, Riley, Farrell, welcome back," Adcox greeted.

"Thank you, sir. Has something happened?" Drew asked.

Parker moved to the computer, bringing the projector to life. "We've been doing analysis on the audio from inside the bunker and we're estimating there are between twelve and fifteen people inside."

The information made her mind stutter. "That would mean it's not a weapons storage," she blurted.

There wouldn't be enough room for that many people and weapons—it was only fifty meters long.

He nodded. "We think it's a headquarters for the terrorists."

"Are we sure that's how many people are in there?" Ghost asked.

"We did voice recognition and it identified multiple voices. Their conversation was also about the supplies they got; food, clothing, fuel for their generators—there's nothing pointing to it being a weapon storage facility."

"Well that changes things," Price muttered. "They could be the key to ending all of this."

"Or it could alert bigger players. We can't assume that this is everyone involved," Adcox warned. "We need to continue monitoring, see if we can find those missing weapons, and then move in."

Drew nodded in agreement before the Major continued speaking.

"We need to monitor their base at a closer distance, so Price, the 141 will be transferred temporarily to a Finnish outpost."

Soap smirked, "Love a field trip."

"Your flight leaves this evening at 1700, so get yourselves prepared to go," he ordered. "You'll have a team of your soldiers along with you, so send me a report of who and we'll get the details worked out."

"Yes sir," Price agreed.

Adcox left, leaving the team to sort out the specifics.

Then Price turned to the young man at the front. "Parker, are you interested in joining? We could use a second intelligence officer who is familiar with this case."

"Yes, sir."

"Great. Ghost, I'm thinkin' MacCartney, Holden, Patel, and Rowe. Them along with the Finnish troops should be enough when we move in."

"I agree."

"Right, I'll get the paperwork. Everyone else get yourselves packed and ready. It's cold up there, so pack your long johns," he added stiffly.

She nodded, before turning to Parker, "Can you get me a report and transcripts of the recordings from the bunker?"

"Yes, ma'am. I'll send them to you now."