Ch38 - Stars

AN: ASDHSJADHK my favorite writer (Philippaki) commented on this story, on the A03 upload, and I am ecstatic (⁀ᗢ⁀) I genuinely adore their stories so much, it makes me extremely happy that they like my writing! So much happy stimming, hehe

---------

Ashe/s POV

You awoke from your dreamless slumber somewhat displeased, the memories of the battle (and consequent glitter-bomb failure) still fresh within your mind. Just how long had you been out for? And why did you even pass out in the first place?

Thankfully, you were alone in the room you were in, aside from the slightly transparent form of Spooky floating nearby. It made you feel a little safer knowing you at least had a few moments of privacy to share with your sibling.

Like usual, he gave you a few minutes to process before trying to talk with you. The first thing you realised was how your magic felt sort of... muffled. It was like there was something blocking full access to it, and that was an incredibly uncomfortable feeling. What was causing that? And what the heck was on your throat?

Your hand rose to your neck, where a blinking metal collar sat snugly against bone. You could feel the way it was leaching your magic, the way it was attempting to restrict your ability to use it. It didn't seem to be working completely, most likely due to your shared mana pool with Spooky, but it meant you had significantly less to use.

That wasn't good. You could probably summon a few attacks, but not portal away to another timeline to escape this place. Any attacks you did form would most likely be limited as well, not enough for a full on battle. That meant you would have to be careful - getting into a fight whilst it was on would be dangerous, so you would have to play it safe.

The next thing you noticed was that all the injuries you had sustained from the fight seemed to have been healed. It was confusing. This wasn't home, so the Star Sanses had taken you somewhere - but why would they heal you? Why would they let you sleep on a bed and not some dingey old cell or something? They could have killed you, yet here you were, alive and healed. Did that mean they wanted something from you?

You shuddered. Stars, you already missed Nightmare and the others. Would they be angry at you for getting yourself caught? Disappointed? Would they abandon you? You could still feel your soulbonds, but they felt so muffled and distant. Did that mean they didn't want you anymore? Or was the collar making them hard to sense? Your sibling bond to Spooky was still easy to sense, but that only raised more questions.

Spooky rested a gloved hand on your shoulder, which was enough to stop you spiralling. As long as he was by your side, it would be okay. You gave him a thankful nod, unable to bring yourself to smile at the gesture. He stayed patient, still, waiting to be sure you were ready to talk.

Taking in a deep breath, you started to sign. 'Thankyou Spooky... What happened? Where are we?'

"THE BANANA SANS MADE YOU FALL ASLEEP WITH HIS MAGIC AND TOOK YOU HERE," Spooky explained, expression filled with concern. "I HAVE CONFIRMED THAT I CAN ONLY POSSESS THE SKELETONS THAT ARE PAPYRUSES. I TRIED REALLY HARD TO POSSESS THE CUTE ONE AND IT JUST WOULDN'T WORK! SO, UHM, WE MIGHT BE A LITTLE BIT... STUCK... RIGHT NOW..."

'It's okay, please don't blame yourself,' you tried to reassure. 'I'm just glad you're still here. I... I'm honestly scared. I don't know what's going to happen and I don't want you to leave...'

"I WOULD NEVER LEAVE YOU, ASHE. YOU'RE MY FAVOURITE BROTHER AND I WILL STAB ANYBODY WHO MAKES YOU THINK OTHERWISE!" he declared.

You smiled a little at that. He sure had a funny way of comforting you. 'I appreciate that.' you responded. 'Are you okay, by the way? You're a lot more transparent than before, is that a bad thing?'

"NYEH HEH! THE GREAT SPOOKY IS ALWAYS OKAY!" He exclaimed, taking a moment to pat your skull with his ghostly gloved hands. "I'M SEE-THROUGH BECAUSE I AM STAYING INVISIBLE TO EVERYBODY EXCEPT YOU! THAT'S BECAUSE I, UHM... I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO HIDE UNTIL YOU WERE UP."

'That makes sense. Stay hidden for now, okay? We have to get back to Nightmare, but it might take some time. I don't want anyone to try and separate us or something. Plus, you being a secret might help plan an escape later.'

"ALRIGHT! I DON'T TRUST THESE WEIRD 'STAR' SANSES, BUT THEY HAVEN'T TRIED TO HURT YOU. THE BLUE ONE EVEN HEALED YOU WHILE YOU WERE ASLEEP, SO MAYBE IT WON'T BE SO BAD?"

'I really hope so, Spooky...'

You were startled from your thoughts when a sudden knock resounded from the door, which opened to reveal the brother of Nightmare. You frowned - Dream hadn't given you a chance to decline him coming into the room, so your privacy was clearly going to be an issue here. You hated this place already.

Dream gave a short wave of greeting. "I could tell by your changed emotional state that you just woke and, uh, thought I would come ask a few questions..? Is that okay?" he let out gently. 

You could feel the warmth of his aura affecting you, the way it smothered your anxieties and concerns, and it was kind of unpleasant in its pleasantness. If Spooky hadn't put his hand onto your shoulder in reassurance, you might have zoned out completely. 'I don't really have a choice, do I?' you signed somewhat numbly.

"I was—" Dream didn't get a chance to finish whatever he was saying before a much more energetic voice spoke over him.

"Dreamy! They're awake!? Lemme come in too!" Ink shouted as he quite literally pushed past his friend, entering the room with an ecstatic smile. There were still traces of glitter on him, to which you almost snickered upon noticing.

"Ink, I told you to wait for a little bit so we don't overwhelm—" Dream tried to scold, but was interrupted almost immediately.

"It'll be fiiiine! Besides, it's too late now, so I might as well just let me tag along!" the artist exclaimed much to Dream's chagrin.

"I am sorry about him, he's.... Well, he's his own brand of weird," Dream sighed. "I would say you get used to it, but I don't think that's possible with Ink. Anyway, did you sleep okay? How are you feeling?"

You hesitated. They were being weirdly non-hostile and you weren't completely sure how to feel about that. Weren't you supposed to be their enemy? Shouldn't they be strapping you down and interrogating you or something?

Reborn As A Dust Sans [Undertale Multiverse]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें