Betty Crocker

Valentino

We had a week to help Uncle Rafe and Aunt Reese prepare for the festival since they were in charge. Yeah, okay. They forget who owned this bakery before they were a gleam in their parent's eyes.

Decker and Kenzie focused on keeping the bakery stocked for the customers. Pax oversaw everything since he owned the bakery. That was one decision I didn't mind since I would eventually take the bakery back once I got my degree.

"Yo, Betty Crocker! We're here since your bright ideas roped us into this bullshit," Preston said.

I raised my brow.

"Preston, make yourself useful and peel these apples. No one wants to listen to your mouth," Uncle Rafe said, handing Preston a bag of apples.

Preston grabbed the bag and set them on the counter. "You take all the fun out of everything, Uncle Rafe."

"Only when it involves you." Uncle Rafe said.

"Reporting to duty. What do you want us to do?" Kass asked.

"Start peeling." Uncle Rafe handed Kass a peeler before getting everyone else set up.

I mixed dough in the big mixer before stopping it and placing it on a metal sheet. I rolled it over, sprinkled flour, and put it on the table. I worked the dough before rolling it. As I worked, everyone watched me.

I placed the dough into pie tins before grabbing a bowl of apple filling and adding it to each crust. Once I gauged the pies, I covered them until ten pies were ready to go into the oven.

Next, I moved to the dough to make fritters, strudel, and donuts. I relied on my memories without cracking open a cookbook while everyone watched me.

"Damn, look at Tino go," Ryan said.

Once the ovens were ready, I put the pies in so they could bake. Misty grabbed apples, peeled them, and sliced them. She placed them in a bowl and added seasonings, depending on what I used them for. We worked together like we did years ago. We didn't even need to ask questions. It was second nature for us.

*******
Raphael

I watched as Tino and Misty worked and couldn't believe it. Their movement was so fluid. It's like they fed off each other. I called my brothers and had them come to the bakery. Pax sat on a stool and watched Tino and Misty work on the pastries.

My brothers and grandparents arrived to witness history in the making. Everyone surrounded Tino and Misty as they worked effortlessly.

"Val, has Tino ever baked at home?" Pat asked.

Val shook his head. "I've never seen him crack a cookbook. Usually, Kadia bakes."

"If Tino has never baked before, how does he know what to do?" Romeo asked.

"Because you're seeing your grandparents, Nash and Maggie, in action. That's how they moved in the bakery when they were alive," Grandpa Matt said.

My brothers and I glanced at Grandpa Matt. If anyone would know, he and Pax would since they knew Grandpa Nash and Grammy Maggie.

******
Valentino

"Are you planning to stand around or help? We have a lot of baked goods to make?" I asked everyone.

Misty glanced at me and smiled. She understood how I was in the bakery. Either make yourself useful or get out.

"You heard Tino! Let's get to work!" Grandpa Matt ordered.

Rafe and Reese assigned tasks to everyone so Misty and I could keep moving. The Gray Brothers' Bakery was back in business.

*******
Misty