Play it again, Sam

Misty

My friends left after our ice cream talk. I had to digest all this newest revelation about my life. I stood in front of the mirror and stared at my reflection. I looked so different from before, but I still had blue eyes. I even thought my life was different from the previous one. I had a caring parent, unlike the last time.

Now, to figure out my situation with Nash. Or should I say Tino?

I heard something hit my bedroom window and checked to see Tino throwing pebbles at it. He stopped when I flung the screen up and leaned on the window ledge.

"Can I help you?"

Tino tossed the pebbles aside and shoved his hands in his front jeans pockets. "Yeah, I want to talk."

"So, talk."

"Mags, I know you're upset..."

"I'm not upset."

"What?"

"I'm not upset. What part didn't you get?"

Tino cocked his head. "You're meaner than the last time."

"No, I'm not a damn fool to fall for your charms the second time around, unlike before."

"Hey, I'm trying."

"Try harder. Nash, I had to deal with how you treated me before. You made me insecure for no reason. Is that fair to you? Because it sure in the hell wasn't fair to me. You're sort of taken? Who the hell tells people that?"

"I'll admit it was a dumb move on my part."

"Dumb? Oh, no, no, no. That was pure bullshit on your part. Stop making excuses for your stupidity."

"Mags!"

"No, Nash. You don't get to act like an ass again with me. And a few kisses won't earn you brownie points. Did you forget you dated that troll when you knew who I was?"

Tino's face contorted in horror.

"Oh, that's so cute that you thought I didn't notice you sucking face with Trina."

"I ended things with Trina."

"Not before you knew who I was. You're a tool." I slammed my screen and window down. I couldn't deal with Nash's bullshit excuses anymore.

********
Valentino

Christ on a bike! I didn't need this shit right now. It's bad enough I dated that troll while waiting for Mags. Now, I have to convince Mags it meant nothing.

I trudged back into the house to find my parents sitting on the couch without the TV on.

"Problems?" Ma asked.

I walked over to a chair and plopped down. "Yeah. Misty hates me."

"And why is that?" Dad asked with his head cocked and arms folded.

"Because I dated Trina when I knew who Misty was."

"Which I told you not to do because we didn't like Trina."

"You're not helping."

"You didn't listen." Dad shrugged.

"So, what do I do?"

"Work for Misty. Tino, she won't fall at your feet like she did before. Trust me. We read Aunt Luna's books. You were an ass to her."

I arched my brow since my dad held no punches with the truth.

"But don't worry, baby. Your dad dated a troll before me, and we worked out," Ma said with a grin.

Dad rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Can we talk about you beating the hell out of your cousin?"