Apple orchard shenanigans

Valentino

Our dads let us off the hook after a few days, thanks to Preston and his negotiating skills with Oliver. Dad even convinces West to stop Misty from getting punished. I didn't hesitate to make a beeline for her when I tackled her onto her bed.

"Tino!" Misty exclaimed.

"I missed you, Misty. It's been torture not seeing or talking to you."

Misty looked at me while I hovered over her. "It's been three days."

"Three days too long."

"I kept myself busy with organizing our attic."

"Why?"

"It was messy." Misty shrugged.

"Well, now we're leaving the confines of your walls." I climbed off the bed and hauled Misty to her feet.

"Where are we going?"

"Where else? The apple orchard." I grinned.

"Some things never change." Misty shook her head.

I grabbed her hand and led her to the car, where Preston and Kass waited for us.

"It's about damn time you got your asses in gear," Preston said.

"Always a pleasure, Preston. Not really," Misty said.

"Tino, can we gag Misty?"

"No. Now behave." I started the car and drove to the apple orchard with the others following us. "How did you convince Oliver to help us?"

"I used the Gray way."

"I thought that was kidnapping," Kass said.

"Kidnapping, blackmail, plotting. It's an effective way to get what you want."

"You threaten to turn his ass in to the police," I said.

"Thou shall not falsify marriage documents and use a video after your death to get married." Preston shrugged.

"People will be in for a real treat when you become a minister," Kass said.

"People are always in for a treat when I'm a minister." Preston smirked.

I pulled into the apple orchard and found a parking spot. Ryan pulled in beside me and got out with his traveling companions.

"How the hell do you rate with your ride?" Preston asked Ryan.

"I got stuck hauling 3/5 of us around, so I needed a bigger vehicle," Ryan said.

We entered the building and grabbed bags to pick apples. At least it wasn't busy like it was on the weekend.

"Dad wants me to grab several bags of apples," River said.

"What's several?" Michael asked.

"Ten."

"Why so many?" Ryan asked.

"Did you forget the apple festival is happening?"

"No, since Ma's side always participates at the college."

"Dad wants to prove he's better at selling baked goods."

"Since when? Uncle Rafe can't match family history. Did he forget who's hiding under Tino's exterior?" Preston gestured at me.

"I doubt my dad would care if Nash was present."

"That sounds like a challenge. What do you think, Nashville?" Preston asked with a smirk.