Shopping

Misty

The girls and I decided to go shopping for homecoming dresses. The cousins accompanied us even though we told them they didn't need to go. In their words, "Like hell, we're letting you loose in a dressing room to cause problems again."

First, I had nothing to do with it. Second, Tiffany ran her big fucking mouth to Bryson. Third, they ran their mouths at Kat's Halloween party. Fourth, well, there is no fourth. It only proved what a tool Nash was to me.

I searched through the racks of dresses until I found a few that seemed decent. The girls found a few dresses and followed me into the dressing room. I checked each changing room to ensure Trina wasn't lurking.

"Well?" Kass asked me.

"Coast is clear. Remember, don't mention anything about the cousins," I warned them.

The girls nodded and entered the changing rooms to try on dresses. Each dress I tried on didn't grab my attention. It was like something was missing.

I put my clothes back on and searched for some more dresses. The hangers rattled against each other as I looked through them until I found one that caught my eye. It was a purple, knee-length dress. Most people wouldn't think it was special, but I loved the simplicity of it.

I returned to the dressing room and tried on the dress. It fits perfectly. That was a plus. Nothing is worse than finding the wrong size dress.

I stepped out of the dressing room as Tino's eyes snapped to me. His eyes raked down my body as he visibly gulped.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"It's beautiful," Tino said.

"Is it too simple? It doesn't sparkle like the other dresses." I pointed to the racks of dresses.

Tino shook his head. "It's perfect."

"Then, I found my dress." I smiled before returning to the dressing room to put my clothes back on. Once I got dressed, I exited the changing rooms to find the girls and cousins waiting. "Ready?"

"Yeah. I'm hungry. Can we eat now?" Lena asked.

"Yeah. Let's pay and hit the cafe," Kass said.

We approached the counter and paid for our dresses before leaving. Preston and Kass rode with Tino and me while the others drove together.

"So, what are we going to do about dumbshit?" Preston asked Tino.

"We need to figure out what we're dealing with. It won't help us if we're clueless," Tino said.

"I don't understand something," Kass said.

"What's that?" I asked.

"Why is this thing targeting us? There has to be some reason why everything is happening."

"There's always a reason why everything happens. It's just figuring out the reason."

"That's a big help," Preston said.

"It's all I have to go on at the moment." I shrugged.

Tino pulled into the cafe parking lot. We got out and headed inside to find the others waiting for us.

"How did you get here so fast?" Preston asked them.

"Did you forget Ryan has a lead foot?" River asked.

"It's not my fault I'm hungry and had to wait for the girls to pick the perfect dress." Ryan shrugged.

"You suck at romance. How the hell did you land a girl?" Michael asked.