And the chase is on

Misty

Tino gripped the steering wheel while he drove to the bakery. What did he expect? I would fall at his feet like he was God. Uh, no. I meant what I said. He needed to work for it.

We entered the bakery and walked to the glass cases. My mouth watered at all the treats. I had a hard time deciding on what I wanted.

"Are you going to pick something or drool at the cases?" Tino asked me.

I cast my gaze on Tino. "I haven't decided yet. Sort of like with us." I smirked.

That was probably the wrong thing to say. The next thing I knew, Tino was chasing me around the damn bakery. While the chase was on, his idiot cousins arrived and stood behind the counter.

"What are you halfwits doing?" Rafe asked.

"Watching Tino get his daily dose of cardio," Preston said.

Rafe joined the idiot cousins and watched Tino chase me around the bakery. "Man, look at Misty give Tino a run for his money."

"My bet is on Misty," Ryan said.

Decker came to the counter. "Why is Tino chasing Misty around the bakery?"

"They wanted to go for a run and missed the memo that you do that shit outside," Preston said.

"Well, it does look like rain outside," River said.

"Should we help Tino out?" Michael cocked his head.

"Nope," the cousins said.

See what I mean? While I'm running from Tino, the cousins are doing running commentary about us.

"Will you stop chasing me?" I asked.

"Only if you stop running," Tino said.

"If I stop, you'll catch me."

"That's the whole point!"

I stopped with a table separating us. "Look here. I didn't sign up for a run. You promised me baked goods."

"I didn't force you to run. You did that all on your own." Tino shrugged.

"Only because you were chasing me!"

"Because you won't stop running! How the hell can I catch you when you run from me?"

"You have longer legs."

Tino arched his brow before faking me out and capturing me. I struggled in his arms while he carried me to the counter.

"I got to hand it to you, Tino. You're persistent," Preston said.

I stopped struggling, blew air from my face, and glared at Preston. Tino kept his arms locked around my waist so I couldn't escape. Stay strong, Misty. Don't cave. But damn, Tino smells nice. What cologne was he wearing? Stop thinking, panty-dropping thoughts. He needs to work for it. Still, he smelled delectable.

"You can let go now," I said.

"Nope. If I let go, you run," Tino said.

Drat.

*****
Tino

I held Misty securely around her waist so she couldn't run from me. I can't "woo" her if she bolts from me every chance we get.

"Tino, you seem a bit possessive of Misty," Decker said with a cocked head.

"More like Tino is possessed," Uncle Rafe said.

I rolled my eyes at Uncle Rafe.

Rafe looked at River. "Make yourself useful."

"And do what?" River asked.