The slap heard around the world

Valentino

Misty stared into my eyes for a few minutes before her hand crashed across my cheek, causing my head to whip to the side and my eyes to close. I turned my head slowly and opened my eyes. Misty scowled at me before grabbing her bags and storming off. The girls chased after her.

"Correct me if I'm wrong. But shouldn't a kiss make someone happy?" River asked.

I rubbed my cheek and squinted my eyes at him.

"Unless Misty remembered all the nasty things Tino did to her," Preston said.

I lowered my hand. "What nasty things?"

"Yo, Tool. You made her insecure," Ryan said.

I heaved a sigh. "I can fix it."

"How? Because You're sinking faster than the Titanic when it hit that iceberg," Michael said.

The others nodded in agreement.

"I need to prove to Misty that I'm not the same person," I said.

"Good luck. You'll need it," Preston said.

My cousins weren't any help whatsoever. But I had a plan.

*******
Misty

I stormed to the car with my friends, yelling and chasing after me. I ignored them and got inside, slamming the door shut. I was beyond pissed.

My friends climbed inside as I sat in the front passenger seat and stewed.

"Misty," Kass said.

"Don't, Kass," I warned her.

"Just hear us out," Chelle pleaded.

I whipped my head around to Chelle. "'No. You all knew and said nothing."

My friends shrunk into their seats.

"You could have told me, but you didn't. None of you uttered a word. You left me to try and figure things out." I turned and faced the front. "Take me home."

My friends didn't say a word. I felt confused, hurt, and angry. All this time, Nash was next door, and not one single person said anything.

When I got home, I exited the car and slammed into the house.

My dad came out of the kitchen and stopped when he spotted me. "Misty?"

I didn't say anything.

Dad walked toward me. "What's wrong, Sis?"

"Who's Nash?" I cocked my head at my dad.

My dad knitted his brows and opened his mouth.

I held up my hand. "No need to lie to me. I already know the truth."

"Misty, it's complicated."

"Complicated? I died, Dad. I was old and died in my sleep. I had a family. Don't tell me it's complicated. I know it's complicated!" I stormed past my dad, ran upstairs to my bedroom, and slammed my door shut.

People may think I'm acting like a spoiled brat. But they didn't wake up, thinking things were weird when people could have told me the truth. I lived seventeen years in confusion. I didn't understand the memories I had.

Why couldn't they tell me the truth?

******
Valentino

I walked into the house, and Dad saw me coated in ice cream.

"Uh, son. You eat ice cream. You don't wear it."

I gave my dad an annoyed look. "Misty and I got into a good fight at the ice cream parlor. Then I kissed her."