Part 104 Fight violence with violence

As Zhu Youcai's eyes landed on the Tibetan Mastiff behind Zhou Yuehan, towering over him, his expression froze. Zhou Yuexi had only just gone back yesterday and seen the injuries on his brother's face, learning that he had been in a fight. But hearing his brother say that the other party had already apologized to him, he didn't think much of it. He hadn't expected these people to show up on their way to school, and with such aggression; it was obvious they were trying to block them. Zhou Yuexi wasn't foolish; in almost an instant, he understood Sinian's intention in asking them to bring Da Huang to the school. She was planning to... fight fire with fire! At that moment, he was taken aback. So, had Sinian already guessed that the other side wouldn't just let things slide so easily, and that's why she had done this? Zhou Yuehan, who hadn't realized yet, thought it was just a coincidence. He immediately became vigilant, clutching the box tightly in his arms, and exhaling through his nostrils: "Zhu Youcai, why are you blocking our way!" He detested Zhu Youcai the most; he had always loved to say nasty things. But his brother didn't allow him to fight, and on top of that, Zhu Youcai was very annoying. He heard their family was very wealthy, so he didn't dare to cause trouble. But yesterday, he dared to insult Mom!

Zhu Youcai thought he was going to be attacked by the dog, and his legs went weak with fear. He kept backing away until he sat down on the ground, screaming, "Don't come over, don't come over!" Zhou Yuehan: "..."

Sinian finished making the green bean cakes and went back to bed for a nap, but she was woken up by Yao Yao. The little girl used to be alone at home and could entertain herself for half a day. But now, she was probably hungry, sitting pitifully on the edge of the bed, holding Sinian's finger. With the other hand, she held up an empty milk bottle, calling out in her babyish voice, "Mama, Mama~"

Sinian hurriedly got up to prepare milk for the child. The little one immediately hugged the bottle and gulped it down, her cheeks bulging as she drank, looking adorable with each bubble popping up.

Sinian felt happy seeing her daughter growing up so well. After feeding her and teaching her a few words, Sinian realized it was almost time. She then dressed Yao Yao in a delicate pink dress and divided the green bean cakes she had made in the morning into three portions: one for Zhang Sheng's family, one for the Lin family, and the rest she planned to take to the livestock farm.

Because there were quite a few, Sinian also took a bamboo basket and covered it with gauze before heading out. Zhang Sheng was surprised to see Sinian bringing green bean cakes, saying, "Sinian, you're really talented. You even know how to make green bean cakes. No wonder my son Stone has been talking about it since yesterday."

Sinian smiled and said, "What I made is very simple, nothing too fancy, but it tastes decent. I packed a box for you to try." She handed over a box of green bean cakes.

Zhang Sheng immediately declined, "No, we can't accept this. You should keep it for yourselves. We don't need it."

Stone became anxious, "Grandma, I want it," but he was immediately glared at.

Sinian chuckled, "I made several boxes of these. They won't keep for long, and it would be a waste if they go bad after a couple of days. Please take it. You've been helping me take care of the children, and I haven't had a chance to thank you properly yet."

"And Stone, in the future, if you want to eat something, just come find Auntie."

Stone nodded eagerly.

Sinian then took Yao Yao to the livestock farm, as her brother had already gone there to study. She planned to have him take some back home for the family to enjoy later.

When they arrived, everyone was having a meal. Upon seeing Sinian, they warmly greeted her, "Sister-in-law, hello! Are you bringing lunch for Big Brother?"

Sinian nodded with a smile and went over to distribute the green bean cakes to everyone. Luckily, she had made plenty, but with so many people present, everyone only got a small piece to taste.

Amazed, they pinched the green bean cakes, marveling, "Sister-in-law is amazing! Not only can she cook well, but she also knows how to make pastries. Are all city folks this talented?"

Someone took a bite and exclaimed, "It's delicious! So sweet, soft, and smooth, it just melts in your mouth, leaving a lingering fragrance!"

However, everyone felt hesitant to ask for more. Pastries were considered a luxury these days, something wealthy families used as gifts. Sister-in-law was already generous enough to let them taste it; they couldn't be too greedy.

Yu Dong noticed Sinian's arrival and hurried over, his eyes shining as he stared at the bamboo basket Sinian was carrying. Based on his recent experience, there must be something delicious in that basket!

Sinian offered him the green bean cakes, saying, "Do you want to try? These green bean cakes were just made today."

Without hesitation, Yu Dong took a bite and closed his eyes in enjoyment. After swallowing, he smacked his lips and said, "Sister-in-law, this is incredibly delicious! Big Brother is so lucky!"

Sinian smiled and replied, "Glad you like it. I'll make more next time to bring for you all."

"Alright!" Yu Dong nodded happily, then lifted the little girl and kissed her cheek, saying, "Wow, my little darling is wearing a dress today, so beautiful! Let's go, Uncle will take you to see the piglets."

Excited to hear about seeing the piglets, Yao Yao waved her hands joyfully.

Sinian didn't stop them and walked towards the man's office. The door was open, and as she approached, she saw someone standing beside Zhou Yuanshen, who was wearing a military green vest, looking down at an envelope in his hand with a cold expression. Behind him was a window, sunlight streaming in and casting his tall, slender silhouette on the floor.