Part 99 I look like you look like a motorcycle

"Mama, let me help you carry it," Zhou Yueshan said, reaching out to take Si Nian's bag.

Si Nian chuckled and handed it to him. Zhou Yueshan cradled the delicate bag, which carried Si Nian's scent, making it particularly fragrant.

"Mama," he called again, blinking his eyes at Si Nian.

Thinking he needed something, Si Nian responded, "What's up?"

But Zhou Yueshan shook his head. Then, after a moment, he called out again, "Mama."

Seeing her patience, Zhou Yueshan squinted happily, realizing he truly had a mother. She was about to attend the parent-teacher meeting for him. He felt like the luckiest kid in the world.

Si Nian observed his repeated calls and his gleeful expression, realizing he was simply expressing affection. It wasn't surprising; after all, he hadn't experienced much maternal love since he was born, just like Yao Yao. His attachment was normal.

She looked down at Zhou Yueshan, seeing the reliance and happiness in his beautiful eyes, feeling a softness in her heart.

"Mama, I want to sit with you in the back," he said.

"Sure," Si Nian replied, taking his hand. It was quite fulfilling to win over the children. Who would have thought that not long ago, these two would be wary of her like they were guarding against thieves? She had never planned to win them over; she simply hoped to ease the relationship, so at least she wouldn't be the target of their revenge in the future. But things had turned out unexpectedly well. Peaceful coexistence was much better than constant vigilance.

Seeing the increasingly cheerful children, Si Nian felt it was all worth it.

Zhou Yuedong stood in front of the motorcycle, silently watching his younger brother for a long time without moving.

Meanwhile, Zhou Yueshen put on his gloves and looked at Si Nian and their son. Their smiles were gentle. Then, he glanced at his older son, who remained silent. After a pause, he said in a low voice, "Xiaodong, get on the bike."

Zhou Yuedong looked at Si Nian, saw her talking to his brother, and noticed her disappointed expression as she hung her head. He nodded and decided that it was fine to take all three of them. Two kids wouldn't take up much space— one could sit in the front, and the other two in the back.

Si Nian lifted Zhou Yueshan onto the back seat. She noted that the little guy had gained quite a bit of weight. He used to be as thin as a chicken, looking frail and lightweight.

Now, however, she feels quite heavy. The children grow quickly, indulging in delicious meals every day, causing their weight to steadily increase. Sinian also got on the motorcycle, hugging the little second from behind. The little second, with a flushed face, is holding onto Dad in front. Dad is warm, and Mom smells so nice. He likes it so much~ If every day could be like this, it would be perfect.

Zhou Yueshen rode the motorcycle to Auntie Zhang's house first, gave her the keys, and asked her to take care of Yao Yao, who was still sleeping. Auntie Zhang smiled and agreed. Watching the family ride away on the motorcycle, Auntie Zhang's eyes were filled with contentment. She had never seen the two children so affectionate before. Sinian did a really good job. That woman before, even after a year of contact, never managed to open the children's hearts. Sinian has only been around for such a short time, and look how much the two children have changed.

On the side, 石头 watched as Zhou Yuedong and Zhou Yuehan walked away, envy evident on his dirty face. "Auntie, I want to ride a motorcycle too." Auntie Zhang's smile faded. "I think you look more like a motorcycle." 石头: "....."

The school is far away, taking almost twenty minutes to reach, all along mountain roads. When Sinian was young, her family was poor too, but her school wasn't this extreme. The walk was at most forty to fifty minutes, and it wasn't this remote. At this moment, she truly understands what it means to be in a remote mountain area from the 1980s. In every township, there's just one school. To go to school, you have to cross mountains and rivers. So in this era, it's very difficult to produce a university student. Many students, not to mention going to high school, find it hard to even finish primary school. Plus, starting school late means falling behind in education, leading to even lower enrollment rates. Soon, she sees the Hope Elementary School built in the mountain village.

Certainly! Here's the translation of your Chinese text into natural English:

"The school doesn't have a spacious playground or bright classrooms. It's just an ordinary adobe building without even windows. Students, in groups of two or three, stroll around with red scarves hanging loosely around their necks. Some of the younger ones have runny noses and occasionally sniffle. A few are munching on boiled potatoes with spicy sauce as they walk.

When I was young, my school was a three-story building. The changes of this era, unfolding right before my eyes, are both shocking and thought-provoking. Despite the poor conditions, classes from first to sixth grade are all available. Each class only has one teacher who teaches both Chinese and math. Most of these teachers only have a high school education, and some don't even have official teaching positions. They are true "barefoot teachers," mostly older intellectuals from before.

As I get off the motorcycle, I feel a bit nervous. This is my first time attending a parent-teacher meeting. My husband had to leave as he had to deliver goods, so he arranged for his brother to pick me up later. He gave me a glance before he left, and then looked at our two sons. After a moment, he turned and left.

Surprisingly, I feel quite nervous about attending the parent-teacher meeting for the first time. My husband, on the other hand, seemed to be worried about me adapting to the situation. He glanced around and said in his deep voice, 'I'll have Yu Dong pick you up later when I'm done delivering goods. Take care on your way back.'

I wanted to decline, but I realized I didn't know the way home. So, I nodded and replied, 'Okay, be careful on your way back.'

He looked at me deeply for a moment, then glanced at our two sons before turning away.

It's my first time attending a parent-teacher meeting, and I'm quite nervous. My husband had to leave to deliver goods, so he arranged for his brother to pick me up later. He gave me a glance before he left, and then looked at our two sons. After a moment, he turned and left."