Chapter 47

Days passed, and everything changed. The sweetness and affection that once characterized their relationship had dissipated, replaced by distance and a cold demeanor. It felt as though the love they had shared had become nothing more than a figment of the imagination.

Fourth woke up gloomily on the sofa, his body feeling cold as he hugged himself. It had become a routine for him to sleep on the couch, waiting for someone who no longer came home. It had been two weeks since Gemini stopped returning home, leaving Fourth to wonder and worry.

Lost in his thoughts, Fourth stared into space, unaware of his surroundings. The students he was supposed to attend to waited patiently, anticipating him to mix their milk. A boy finally mustered up the courage to ask Fourth to open his juice, raising his voice to grab his attention.

Startled, Fourth snapped back to reality, realizing he had been absent-minded. He quickly apologized and proceeded to open the boy's juice. The student noticed Fourth's distracted state and asked if he was okay, his curiosity evident in his tone.

Fourth mustered a gentle smile and assured the boy, "Of course, I'm okay, krub."

The perceptive boy, however, saw through Fourth's response. He believed that Fourth's claim of being okay was similar to the way his mother would say she was fine when she truly wasn't. Sensing Fourth's need for comfort, he offered him cupcakes as solace. "Here, krub, Teacher Fourth. Eating something sweet might make you feel better," the boy said, presenting the cupcakes with empathy and compassion.

Fourth's smile widened, touched by the boy's kindness. It filled his heart with warmth and almost brought tears to his eyes. In that small act of generosity, he found a glimmer of comfort amidst the emotional turmoil he was experiencing.

"He's still not talking to you, is he?" Satang asked, concerned for his friend, Fourth. Satang, like everyone else, was left puzzled by Gemini's behavior, and even Mark, Gemini's childhood friend, had no clue what was going on.

"Yeah..." Fourth replied sadly. "I tried talking to him once, but he ignored me. He hardly stays in the house for long, only visiting Gemiyah for a short time before leaving again."

Satang comforted Fourth, rubbing his back, but Fourth excused himself to ask their principal about taking home assignments for Gemiyah. However, Fourth couldn't fully process what the principal was saying, asking for clarification. "What do you mean, Principal? What are you saying?"

The principal, sensing Fourth's sadness, repeated his words slowly. "Mr. Norawit has cancelled your tutoring for Gemiyah. He informed us that he no longer requires your services for his son. Additionally, Gemiyah will be transferring to another school next week, as Mr. Norawit has found an alternative institution. In regards to the remaining months of your tutoring agreement, Mr. Norawit will be compensating you for that period."

This news was not what Fourth wanted to hear. He trembled as he asked, "Did Mr. Norawit give any specific reason for cancelling my tutoring for Gemiyah?" The principal shook his head, indicating that Gemini hadn't provided any additional explanation.

Immediately, Fourth rushed to Gemini's house, only to be stopped by Winny, who was reluctant to do so. "Winny, what's wrong? Why are you stopping me from entering the house?"

With a deep apology, Winny bowed to Fourth. "I'm sorry, Teacher Fourth, but Khun Gemini has ordered us not to allow you access to the Norawit Family mansion anymore. He made the decision this morning. We have packed your clothes and belongings in this bag for you to take. Khun said you should leave."

Fourth, still unable to process everything, asked once again, just as he had asked the principal. "Did he give any reason for doing this?"

Winny, who was simply following Khun Gemini's orders, shook his head. Fourth, still unaware of the situation, shouldered his bag and pulled his suitcase. Before he could leave through the gate, Gemiyah's voice echoed loudly, calling out to him. Gemiyah ran towards Fourth and jumped into his arms, with ford following, attempting to stop him.