Chapter 40

As the howling wind swept through Thailand, it carried with it a symphony of rustling leaves and creaking branches. The air was alive with the sound of nature's fury, a relentless melody that echoed through the streets.

Inside the prison cell, Fourth who was cold in outside going here,was just as cold on the inside as he stared at the person in the cell. Even though this person was now imprisoned, he smirked and mockingly smiled at Fourth.

"What now, N'Fourth? Aren't you happy that I'm finally here in prison after all these month of chasing me? Tsk! That Vice-General is quite talented, huh.I thought he would never find me," Clark said, looking at Fourth.

Clark had been found only weeks ago by Pond's diligent work. Pond had informed Fourth that there was a possibility that someone powerful had been helping Clark hide, as it was nearly impossible to escape from the military unit. It was surprising how this person had managed to hide for month.

"Do you think I can't mention Aliyah's name to them because she is my sister? She has already forgotten that I'm her younger brother. What if I accused her of being the mastermind behind my kidnapping and my son," Fourth responded coldly. Clark's glare turned into a mad expression, but his reaction was quickly swept away by a playful smile.

"And so... even if you mention Aliyah's name and claim your relationship with her, do you really think you can prove that she made me do all this without any evidence? She's not the weak person you think she is anymore. She has power backing her up. And because of your selfishness in seeking revenge against your phi, the Vice-General's reputation will be affected due to false accusations," Clark continued speaking, causing Fourth to squeeze his palm so tightly that his nails pierced into his flesh, drawing a little blood.

...

When Fourth exited the room, the others, especially Pond, were waiting for him by the door. With a downcast expression, Fourth shook his head and handed them the voice recording device. However, when they played it, no audio was heard. They looked back at Fourth in confusion.

"Sorry, krub, but everything he told me was full of nonsense, so I didn't record our conversation inside," Fourth bowed apologetically to them. They panicked and waved their hands, knowing the kind of relationship Fourth had with their General. Pond had warned them to be cautious in Fourth's presence, as he was a person of great importance to their General. They acted like obedient puppies whenever Fourth visited their unit, just as he had requested before, asking if they had found Clark yet.

"Don't apologize, Teacher Fourth. In fact, we really shouldn't have let you interact with the person who kidnapped you. It could have traumatized you. But we had no choice. He didn't mention any names or people involved in the kidnapping or who helped him. If it were legal to beat someone to force them to tell the truth, I would have done it," Pond angrily slammed the wall behind him, startling the others who had thought their patient Vice-General was angry.

Fourth could only apologize once more before leaving. As he waited for the car to arrive, he sighed, thinking that Clark was definitely right. If he were to mention Aliyah's name to the Vice-General without complete evidence, out of his desire for seeking justice for both Gemini and Gemiyah, it would only cause trouble for Pond. Meanwhile, Clark would not tell the truth unless his phi confessed it in the audio recording, which was highly unlikely. However, Fourth took the voice recorder with him, as it may prove useful in the future. He knew Aliyah wouldn't harm them for now because Clark was inside the prison, and she couldn't act recklessly to protect herself.

As Fourth made his way through the cold wind, it brushed against his face, offering a moment of relaxation but also a sense of loneliness. Little did he know that even with his son by his side, he still lived within his nightmares of the day he lost him. It all felt unreal to him, and he couldn't shake off the uneasy feeling in his heart.

"I'm still afraid to be too happy," Fourth admitted to himself. Despite his efforts to force himself to live normally and be happy, the trauma of living in sadness for years made him terrified of losing the little happiness he had found.

When Fourth arrived at the hospital and opened the door without looking at the bed, as he removed his coat to hang it up, he began speaking, "Doc. Mark, thank you for taking the time to watch over General. I know it's your duty today in other patients... so I will--" Fourth stopped speaking when he saw the person who was supposed to be sleeping eating the food he had brought earlier in the day. The person dropped the food from their mouth in surprise at Fourth's sudden appearance.

🐰🐰🐰

Our teachers make our exam only three days and my brain not functioning in that moment hope my score won't disappoint me because I do my best answering it ahhaha.

But the good news is WE ARE FINALLY FREE hahahah.
We only waiting for vacation but no school activities now I have many time to update 555+.

That's all thank you for reading naa😊💕