Chapter 37

All the pain and hurtful memories he experienced made his heart ache even more. He kept crying, and Gemiyah didn't know what to do. He thought that his teacher, Fourth, would stop crying if he said the word "Dada"

"Teacher... please stop crying," Gemiyah pleaded. He couldn't bear to see his teacher in such distress.

But Fourth, unable to hold back his tears, cried even more and tightly held Gemiyah's hand while crying.

Eventually, when Fourth calmed down, he realized that this place was not suitable for them emotionally. They were both in danger, him and his son. Looking around, he saw that the guards in the room were not present. They were probably eating outside. Fourth stood up and searched for an escape route. He saw a window in the bathroom and felt a sense of relief.

Both Fourth and Gemiyah climbed through the window, but Fourth encountered a problem. The window wouldn't open, and he had to break the glass to get out. However, breaking the glass would create noise that could alert the guards. Looking down, he saw that the ground was slightly higher, making it difficult to jump safely.

Fourth locked the bathroom door and climbed back up to the window with Gemiyah. "Gemiyah, after I break this window, I will quickly jump down to the ground. After they notice that we've escaped, I will catch you when you jump down," Fourth explained. However, Gemiyah shook his head.

"But teacher, you will get injured when you jump, and I'm not as light as a feather. It might hurt your arms when you catch me," Gemiyah expressed his concern. Fourth smiled and tousled Gemiyah's hair.

"And do you think I'm not strong like your papa? Don't worry about me. We need to escape. We shouldn't worry more your papa, right?" Fourth reassured Gemiyah. Gemiyah looked into Fourth's eyes, feeling a change in their relationship. Before, Fourth had been his tutor, keeping a professional distance. But now, he felt a sense of familiarity and warmth in him.

"Okay," Gemiyah nodded, forgetting his worries.

"Alright, when I count to three, you should be ready too."

One,

Two,

Three!

When Fourth broke the window, he quickly jumped through, overcoming his fear of heights for the sake of their safety. He landed and injured his knee but didn't show any signs of pain. He shouted to Gemiyah, who was still above, because he heard noises from above. The guards had finally noticed their escape and were banging on the door, trying to break it down.

"GEMIYAH... JUMP!" Fourth called out.

"Teacher..." Gemiyah hesitated. He had another problem. Despite being mature for his age, he was still a child who had a fear of heights. No one knew about his fear, not even his papa, as he always hid it.

But Fourth understood Gemiyah's situation. Instead of panicking, he laughed because he now knew that Gemiyah was Fotfot. They had similar fears. When Fourth was Gemiyah's age, his parents told him stories about how he was pale and afraid of heights. He even cried in school. Gemiyah was only pale now and hesitant to jump. "Gemiyah, don't be afraid. Teacher Fourth is here. I will catch you," Fourth reassured him.

Gemiyah looked at Fourth, gripping the hem of his clothes, closing his eyes, and jumped without hesitation.

"Hsss," Fourth winced in pain as he caught Gemiyah because his injured knee made it challenging to maintain balance. He sat down on the ground after securely holding Gemiyah.

"Teacher, are you okay?" Gemiyah asked after Fourth set him down and ran outside.

"Krub... Your Dada is strong, isn't he?" Fourth smiled, holding Gemiyah's hand tightly. Afraid of losing Gemiyah's tiny hand again.

However, their escape was interrupted when one of the bodyguards returned to the gate, shocked to see them. Fourth took advantage of the guard's hesitation and kicked him in the groin, causing him to scream in pain. Satang had once mentioned that Fourth was talented in taekwondo, often ranking highly in school competitions. The kick was powerful, and Fourth apologized before quickly escaping.

...

"Hiaa... P'Pond, let me go. I want to enter that place now," Gemiyah nearly knocked into the two military members who were holding him back outside the building where his commander had located Fourth's phone.

"I've told you many times, General, you need to calm down and not act recklessly. We're still confirming if they're really here," Pond scolded him.

"How the fuck am I supposed to calm down? They're both important to me-my son and Fourth. If anything happens to them, I swear, whoever is behind this kidnapping, I will never let them escape easily," Gemini angrily protested, ceasing his struggles and resting his head in the military van chair, exhausted.

"I know... I know, but just calm down first," his vice-general tried to reason.

"General... is that your son running towards us?" a voice exclaimed, catching Gemini's attention. Without hesitation, he broke free from Pond's grip and ran towards the two figures.

"Papa!" Gemiyah shouted as he spotted his father approaching. Fourth also saw Gemini eagerly coming towards them. There was an awkward tension for Fourth, not knowing how to react in this situation. Gemiyah his son was by his side, holding his hand, and the person Gemiyah called his real father Gemini was approaching. It would be uncomfortable for Fourth to face Gemini again, as memories that had been blurred by drunkenness were slowly becoming clear. Even during a drunk moment that Fourth had kissed Gemini and confessed something that was hard to believe.

But Fourth pushed those thoughts aside when Gemini hugged him tightly, along with Gemiyah. "Dammit, Fourth... I almost lost my mind from worrying when Winny told me. It's good that you two are okay," Gemini exclaimed, not knowing how to respond. Fourth buried his head in Gemini's arms and gently rubbed his back, providing comfort.

However, while the three of them were embracing, a man in the building shouted loudly, cursing Fourth's name. "Ai'Shia Fourth, do you think I'll let you live like this?" Without hesitation, Clark, the man, aimed his gun at Fourth and fired a bullet. But Gemini reacted quicker, turning his body to shield Fourth from the bullet.

Fourth stood there, stunned, as Gemini's blood splattered onto his clothes. "Shit," Clark cursed, attempting to shoot his gun again, but Pond and others intervened, preventing him from firing.

"Papa," Gemiyah cried out as he saw Gemini collapse in Fourth's arms.

"No... General... please, Gemini," Fourth pleaded, trying to cover the flowing blood on Gemini's chest.

"Teacher Fourth, let's go. We need to take the general to the hospital," Pond softly reminded, seeing the tears in Fourth's eyes, same with Gemiyah's emotions, as they tightly held Gemini hand.

🐰🐰🐰

Thank you for 20k naa 😘!

By the way sorry kha.. I'm quite busy in school 🤧.

And thank you for reading 💕!