𝟢𝟨𝟣,𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐭 𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐨𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫

"So at first, I tried to repair the window, but I figured out I didn't have any glass, not even in my shed

"So at first, I tried to repair the window, but I figured out I didn't have any glass, not even in my shed."

"Really?" Asher, Thomas's stepfather, readjusts himself on his seat. "And then?"

"Well, I called some people to help me fix it. They're gonna work on it tomorrow."

Hiram's eyebrows scrunch. "You did close the window up with something, right?"

"Of course."

Dad talk.

"Wouldn't want to get all those insects in your house," Noah adds.

I'm happy enough that I already know Noah and Louise, Newt's parents. I've met Hiram and spoken to Jennifer. It's Thomas's parents who I not know, but they seem nice enough.

"Moving on to the kids." Jennifer puts the millionth dish down on the table. I don't know— I see Asian food and simple food and expensive-looking food... a lot of food. "I want to hear about them. Are there any adventures that need to be shared?"

Silence.

After Lelia's talk, I genuinely calmed down and decided to tell Mom and Dad in private, not today. That thought brings some comfort.

"Ehm, no," Thomas says.

His mom, who had been giving a talk for ten minutes straight about how he keeps getting in trouble, raises an eyebrow. "That's a little suspicious."

"Oh, wait! I know. Teresa kissed me on the forehead."

That smile of him shows that he's reliving the moment.

(Yeah, I told him that Newt, Sonya, and Harriet were just joking and that he didn't hallucinate anything)

"We stayed home for the last few days, so there isn't much news," Lelia adds when the parents don't see how much of a success it is that Teresa kissed Thomas.

Oh, I think there is a lot of news about their stay at home, by the way.

Things I'd rather not know.

"Yeah. The thrown in window was something," Amina replies.

Hold up— I wasn't paying attention well enough to bother which window and how that happened.

"What happened?" I ask, back now straighter (than every other part of me).

"I just gave a detailed description," Dad responds. I shrink for a second, about to apologize, but then he continues with a smile, "But don't worry. Quick summary, someone threw a stone through Lelia's window and I've been trying to repair it."

A deep frown forms on my face. "Who—"

"We don't know."

All I can think of is the same guy who spread those pictures.