𝟢𝟤𝟥,𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐭!

"I'm going to freaking kill her," is the first thing I say after Newt explained what exactly had happened

"I'm going to freaking kill her," is the first thing I say after Newt explained what exactly had happened. "And you think she meant to do all of that just so she would end up alone with Lyndon, locked up?"

"Likely." Newt nods.

The two of us are sitting in the cafeteria. It's late in the evening already, but he felt like he needed to explain it to me 'because as a boy, he can't punch a girl, but a girl can punch a girl' or whatever logic he has.

I wouldn't mind greeting her with my fist. I just know it wouldn't make Lyndon much happier.

"But if she tries something, Lyndon knows how to stand up for himself," I state, slowly.

Newt stares at me.

I stare back, attempting to smile.

He blinks.

"Yeah, okay, maybe he wouldn't," I eventually admit. "What does that hut look like? Because I'm gonna see it tonight. With Minho freaking Lee."

"Unstable, wooden walls. We draw on one wall. The pen is to be found below the chair, under some wood. There is a single bed, almost a cot, and as I said, a chair. And a door with three locks."

"No lights?"

"None."

I almost jump up. "But Lyndon doesn't like the dark. Okay, this is probably hell for him— I bet that scandalous looking loudmouth makes him even more uncomfortable."

"He doesn't like the dark?" Newt's mouth has dropped open.

"Don't make fun of him for that—"

"I don't like the dark but we've been sleeping in the dark for the past two weeks only because I thought he couldn't sleep with a light!"

I'm not sure whether to laugh or melt at how kind it is that Lyndon offered his comfort for Newt, and the other way around. I think I end up doing both. "Oh my God. But you can usually see when he's uncomfortable. Didn't you see it?"

"I know he has this certain expression, and fidgets with his hands, or gets sweaty. Or his legs starts bouncing— none of that happened."

I tilt my head at how well he has gotten to know Lyndon these fourteen days. Or rather, how well he's been paying attention. "Then he's comfortable because you are there with him. He's able to sleep in the dark when I'm there, too. Or Dad or Amina. Do you know—"