𝟢𝟥𝟧,𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬... 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐟

Minho's house is just a regular one, in a neighborhood

Minho's house is just a regular one, in a neighborhood. Not extremely big but definitely not small.

Also, backpacking on that motorcycle was scary as hell. Every time he made a turn, I thought I was going to fly off. It only made me hold him tighter, which I hate myself for doing.

Minho reaches forward to unlock the door, but before he can, it's already thrown open, and then he suddenly disappears between someone's arms.

I recognize it's a woman by the looks of the red nails, female hands and arms, and the long, brown waves that come to her waist. Reminds me of Amina's hair, though Amina isn't as tall.

"Mom," Minho hisses. I can recall the embarrassment in his voice. "I brought someone."

"Minho," she hisses back, but sarcastically. "I haven't seen you in what? Three weeks? You're my son! Allow me to miss you, please."

She hugs him for a few more seconds. I patiently wait. Seeing Minho getting embarrassed, but also appreciated, satisfies me.

"Who's this person you brought?" His mother lets go of him and looks at me.

Oh, wow. I can confirm who Minho got his beauty from.

She's wearing a black dress. It's not revealing, but I can still see some perfect curves. I can't scan any wrinkles in her face, neither does it look like she has Botox. Mascara, lipstick, and a bit of eyeliner are all the makeup I can see on her pretty face. The hair I mentioned? It's shiny and well-done.

We're clearly done inspecting each other when she makes some kind of jump as she lets some kind of squeal out. "I knew you'd get a girlfriend anytime soon!"

My face fades into a complete red color.

"What? Mom, no. She's not my girlfriend."

She crosses her arms. "Then what is she?"

"Lelia's... Newt's friend's, no, Newt's crush's little sister."

She scoffs at her son before turning to me, holding out her slim hand. "I'm sorry for embarrassing you. Just call me Jennifer."

"Lelia." I smile at her.

Jennifer turns to her son. "Why did you bring Newt's crush's little sister? Finally fulfilling my dream of having a daughter?"

"She wanted to taste your food."

"You told me I could come taste your mom's food," I correct. What he said sounds greedy.

"Well, you'll still allow me to do your hair and nails, right?" Jennifer's eyes light up. "I've always wished for a daughter."

Minho lets go of a breath. "Thanks for the reminder, Mom."

"I'll show you his baby photos. Has he ever mentioned I put colorful clips in his hair and that he agreed to wearing princess dresses?"

"Mom, please—"