𝟢𝟣𝟪,𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐲

Basically half of our friends aren't there for lunch

Basically half of our friends aren't there for lunch. They're running, because most chose sports. It's just me, Newt, Frypan, and Winston. Teresa's helping the camp instructors around, because she's kind like that.

I listen to the boys speaking about what happened in their lives while they weren't at the camp, until an unfamiliar voice greets us. 

"Hi! Mind if I sit?"

We all look up in sync. At the head of our table, stands a girl. Two loose braids are in her hair, which is blonde. The ends are purple. Her skin is tanned from the sun; I can see a white line below her top's strap, and freckles are dotted all over her skin. Her eyes have a mesmerizing greenish color.

"Not at all," Winston says. He scoots aside, but she doesn't seem to notice, and sits down beside me instead. I automatically scoot to the left when our legs touch.

"What are your names?" She wonders.

Frypan holds out his hand. "Originally Siggy, but everyone calls me Frypan or Fry. But just call me Fry."

"Nice to meet you, Fry," she says, smiling.

"Winston," the boy says. Maybe it's very obvious or I'm just paying attention, but I can see he for sure doesn't think this girl is annoying or anything. I agree; she seems fine. But Winston probably also finds her hot and even though she for sure is pretty, I think we find her nice-looking in different ways, if you know what I mean.

"Nice to meet you." She turns to Newt and I. "And you guys?"

"Newt."

"Uhm, Lyndon." I hold out my hand. Hers is soft. Mine has dried paint on it. "Nice to meet you. I haven't seen you before."

Never have been good at making friends. This might be my opportunity to do it without anyone's help. She seems nice and lets me speak.

"Yeah, I haven't really shown myself since I arrived. Which I did... yesterday," she explains. "They weren't even sure if they had a place for me to sleep left. I ended up in a tent with another girl. She doesn't really speak to me."

Winston raises his eyebrows. "Here for the misbehavior or just for fun?"

"Just for fun. Although I might've overestimated how much fun I'm actually gonna have. Janson seems stern."

"Become friends with us and you'll have all the fun in the world."

Her eyes light up. "Yeah? You'd want to be my friends?"