𝟢𝟢𝟧,𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧' 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"Does the sky look funny to you, too?"

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Does the sky look funny to you, too?"

"It looks like the stars are falling onto me."

"You see a shooting star?"

"No. It's like the stars are just coming at me and about to crush me, except they disappear right before they do."

"Hm. Yeah, alright. I can see them dazzling in front of my eyes."

A few seconds of silence.

"I don't think we should've drunk that sixth jar. Or was it the seventh?"

"I don't know, Thomas. Lost count halfway. But it's nice to be drunk," I say. "Sometimes. At least."

He hums. "You sound experienced."

I shrug. Rub my nose, which is getting a bit cold from lying in the damp grass at two AM. "I like to get drunk. But not when it's sad drunk."

"I don't understand."

"Neither do I."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"That's sad."

"Yeah."

"So are we sad drunk?"

"I don't know. Do you feel sad?"

"Now I do."

"Then we're sad drunk."

"Damn."

I stare at the stars a little longer. I don't see any shapes in them or anything. I'm not searching for them, either. And if I were, I wouldn't be able to because they're all dancing in front of my blurry eyesight.

"What did you do that caused you to end up here?" I ask, curious.

"Parents divorced, got reckless for a year, send me here when I was fourteen, I got sad I didn't see the friends I made for a whole year, and got sent back the next summer," he explains quickly.

When I'm drunk, I'll only understand basic words, so it's awesome that he explains it like this.

"Hm. So you don't mind being here?"

"Well, I hate Janson. And the chores. And the no phone thing. I hate everything here except for my friends. And Teresa. Wow, Teresa. Have you met her yet? She's so beautiful."

I shake my head, both at how awful his love for her is and to reply to his question. Yet a stupid grin is on my face. "How'd you meet her? Was it here?"

"She came here with me. Actually my neighbor. Used to be best friends, then we grew apart. My parents divorced, her father died. Mother stopped caring about her. Sent her here. We talked again, but not as much. We still don't. I don't know what that means."

Short sentences. I love it.

"Maybe she likes you too. And finds it awkward because she doesn't know you like her. Just like you think she doesn't like you."