21

The Following Morning
Omniscient

Shug rubbed her eyes as she sleepily sat on her front porch steps like she did every morning, dressed in her sun gazer attire while attempting to figure out if she wanted to cook or not.

The sound of the front door opening made her glance back, and down came Morgan. After their little argument last night, she went back out and got Morgan to come inside. She was too much of a wreck for her to drive anywhere, and Shug didn't want anything bad to happen to her.

"Come here." She spoke first, Morgan stopping in her tracks. She turned to face Shug with a blank face, probably having an attitude since it was early in the morning.

"What?"

"Come here." Shug furrowed her eyebrows, leaning against the wall beside her. Morgan sighed and made her way back up the walkway with crossed arms, Shug sitting on the steps with her arms covering her legs. The cool morning breeze being something she loved and hated.

"I'm sorry for what I said last night." She started while slightly leaning off of the little wall, Morgan stopping in her tracks before giving Shug a confused look. "Now you wanna talk?"

"Yeah.." Shug started, glancing at Morgan before she chuckled slightly, Morgan frowning slightly. "I was being a real asshole, I'm sorry for making you feel like I didn't care. I do care, I was just pissed off at you last night."

They made eye contact for a second and Morgan looked as if she was gonna speak but Shug spoke again. "I know you tried apologizing, but to me them just words.. I appreciate you wanting a conversation out of me in person though and I see that you still care, and still want a relationship with me. But I think we actually outgrown each other."

"How?"

"We're expecting different things out of each other, we not on the same page—."

"—we can be, ill change—."

"—you—."

"—I will, Shug. I swear, just... don't give up on me." The girl insisted, her eyes becoming emotional but she refused to cry again. Shug sighed and glanced down at her feet, the sound of Morgan making her way closer made her glance up.

"I want you to see for yourself, that you're hurting. I want you to change for you, Morgan—."

"—Shug, I'm not me without you. I dont wanna change if it's not gonna change anything between us."

"What're you saying—."

"—promise me you'll still be here when I'm ready—."

"—that's what I mean, Morgan." Shug sighed, glancing up slightly since Morgan was now standing before her. "You want me to wait..."

"It could take years for you to be ready for something real, I can't wait—."

"—Shug.." Morgan sighed softly while glancing down, wanting to cry so badly. "I know—."