3

Shug
a month later

It's been damn near a month since I declared for the draft, and hell I went undrafted. Had my family disappointed as hell, especially since they threw another get together just for me.

My grandpa and moms cooked a Sunday dinner and invited a few people over to watch the draft, hoping I'd be drafted. You got big time players from big universities like Nalyssa, Rhyne, and Shakira who were the top 3 picks.

All the way up to 3rd round where muhfuckas who I've never heard of, 2nd round had a few recognizable names. Tons of role players, so after a second I thought I'd get in where I fit but nah, 3rd round was fucking horrible.

I think my family was more upset than me though, and yeah I was pissed. But all I did was hit a gym and get shots up, shit that's all I could do. I know it ain't over, shit there's hella more options other than playing professionally in America.

But since I was already home and I didn't wanna pick up and leave again, I signed with the Stl Surge on a 1 year contract. And ever since then it's been hard work nonstop, but it ain't shit I couldn't adjust to.

Hell, back at Rutgers they had to literally kick me outta the gym. I would be in there at 2AM getting up shots, working on my combos, passing, everything. And the fact that I went undrafted was just crazy to me.

Mama say it was a blessing in disguise, and of course she told me to keep working.

Morgan found out and called me later that night, apologizing and whatnot. I told her it was cool, and then she happened to make me feel better by reminding me that there was still a possibility of me going pro.

She also kept me entertained that night, telling me about her day, what kinda clients she had and the type of nails they requested. She told me about all the people she ran into in Atlanta and how it wasn't too different from home.

We kinda built a habit of FaceTiming at least for a few hours out of the day. Whether she was doing nails and had me in her pocket, or if I was running errands around town or whatever.

It's like the moment she left, we got closer than before digitally. And here I was laying in bed with a heavy heart, my legs and arms were sore from my lil workout today.

I picked up my phone since i was thinking about Morgan, shooting her lil ass a text since it was 10 and she ain't called me yet.

yo, whats taking you so long

don't rush me, i just got out the shower

call and turn the camera off or something

i miss you

After a few minutes, a FaceTime request came through and i instantly answered it with no shame.  She was in the mirror, doing something to her face. She was dressed in a vintage t shirt, and some boy shorts cause when she went to yawn and stretch the shirt raised a lil and i could see everything.

"What you do today?" I ask, making conversation while watching as she began to rub something on her face. "I had a few clients, after that i went out with my bestie." She explained while rubbing the cream underneath her eye, i raised an eyebrow.