6

Omniscient
June 4th
Detroit, MI

Morgan sat in the bleachers chewing on a pack of airhead extremes while watching as Shug warmed up, a smile on her face as she sung along to the songs playing throughout the stadium and shot the ball.

Morgan got PTSD watching the girl warm up, remembering her last time she ever saw Shug play in person which was her senior night of high school.

She never went to a college game since Shug was all over the place, she started at Tulsa and ended up at Rutgers, playing one more year after her senior year of college which was originally at Mizzou.

She did watch her on TV though, wishing that she could attend a game when she was a year or 2 younger. She couldn't attend Shug's games the following year because she thought that the girl had forgotten about her, and she had a good reason why.

Throughout every year, whenever college students were on break Shug didn't always come home. And whenever she did, she didn't see Morgan even though she was just down the street.

Morgan always figured that Shug would come to her if she wanted to rekindle anything, but that whole idea went out of the window when she got word that Shug was doing big things in college ball.

So she sent the voicemail, everyone at home being in her ear about how Shug was definitely going to the league. Morgan was sure it would be without her, though she didn't want it to be.

She felt a drastic change in her moods as well now that Shug was back, she enjoyed herself so much that she was starting to not wanna go home.

She had been split between the two options all week, Shug of course telling her to stay but she countered that with reminding Shug of the things she had to get done back home.

Shug shut her up about it every time she brought it up, not wanting her to leave at all. They got into a few fights about it, but slept under each other every night nonetheless.

Shug looked up and they made eye contact, she lifted her eyebrows and made a funny face at Moo. The girl smiled in return, a little too much for her own liking but those were what she called the Shug effects.

Shug smiled as well before turning back to what she was doing, Moo glanced up at the shot clock to see they had 3 minutes left until tipoff. She shifted in her seat before glancing across the court at the other team, observing their players who all looked just as skilled and talented as Shug's.

Moo knew a little about basketball, she had no choice but to have interest in it since she grew up around basketball nerds. From within her own family to the family of her best friends, basically her second family.

Everywhere she turned, there was basketball. So never did she turn her back on it, she even used to play in middle school. For the sake of Shug, she played for a year and a half and then Shug was off to high school so she quit.

The more she thought about it, the more she realized that 90% of her childhood choices were based off of her relationship with Shug.

She glanced at the woman again to see her already looking, Shug made another funny face before making her way toward the sideline where she was.