9

Aug 2nd 2022
Morgan's POV

I sighed to myself as I stood at my mother's front door, my bags by my feet and my keys in my hand. Of course she wasn't home, they were all at Shug's game. Which I planned on going to as well, just as soon as I left my things here.

I got the door unlocked, pushing it open before I grabbed all my bags and headed upstairs toward my room. I dropped everything on the floor and slid it by my bedside before I made my way back downstairs.

I stopped mid stair when I seen Mr. McNeil stepping inside with his pocket knife in full display, I furrowed my eyebrows and we made eye contact. He smiled.

"Oh hey there, Morgan." He smiled at me, I put on a fake smile for him. "Hey, Mr. McNeil. What're you doing here?"

"Oh I saw the door wide open, just came to make sure nobody was breaking in." He explained to me while putting his knife up, shutting the door behind himself. I tensed up slightly as I started to get Deja vu.

"Oh no, it was just me.. I must've forgotten it." I mumble while gripping the stair rail, he still had a big smile on his face. "Well well well, why don't you come on down and give me a hug." He insisted while opening his arms, tears welled my eyes but I quickly blinked them back before clenching my jaw.

"We haven't seen each other in a while, Morgie. You got bigger.." He added, I slowly made my way downstairs and stood before him. Lord please forgive me but if this man tries anything, I will kill him. Today.

I opened my arms to give him a small hug, he hugged me back with a slight rock. The smell of his old ass cologne and some beer filled my nostrils and I nearly gagged, he let go of me and rested his hand on my shoulder but I shrugged it off.

I grabbed the door and opened it before looking at him. "I was just heading out, Mr. McNeil." I tell him, watching as he nodded slightly. "Ok well, tell your mom I stopped by. It was nice seeing you again, young lady."

"You too." I reply back with a slight eye roll while watching as he made his way down the porch steps, and eventually he was making his way back across the street to his yard while I watched.

I locked the house up again and made my way back downstairs to my car, getting inside. I grabbed my phone and went to the surge's instagram, seeing the location of the gym they were using so I could head there.

After getting the location, I put it in my gps and started my car. I did a U Turn in our driveway, heading towards my destination.

I paid and received my ticket before walking through the double doors of the gym, I glanced around to see my mom in a section with Shug's family. A big smile on her face as they stared down at the court and of course Shug was down there shooting around, seemingly focused on the game.

I made my way around the court to where they were, they all smiled and grew happy when they seen me. I smiled back in return, hugging my own mother and Shug's.

"Where's Pop?" I ask them, looking around since I didn't see the old man anywhere. "At the bathroom, he'll be back in a second." Shug's mom answered while scooting over to make room for me.