part 38: attack of elbe

(ill atleast publish this last chapter before i start taking a rest since i already completed it.)

Hundreds, upon hundreds of thousands of harkan soldiers rallied infront of the elbe kingdom. Guards were alarmed and messengers hurried to the main palace to inform lord duran of the situation. But their reaction was too late to realize their dire situation, the harkan army is at their doorstep and brought alot a horde of 90,000 which were the first signs of peace not being an option.

It was an invasion. The first real battle of the harkan forces in elbe to stop the supposed communication line between the green men. Thought that the elbe kingdom has been spying on them from afar and informing the green men about their moves, occupying and enslaving elbe including the villages under their control of their border they can cut off communications.

But what zorzal never knew is that the green men really didn't need any help from the elbe kingdom, advanced surveillance systems far beyond the understanding of the smartest of craftsmen, drones, U-2 dragon lady reconnaissance aircraft, and even to go as far as spying them from outer space.

But even the marines in the HQ identifying the massive horde of harkans approaching elbe, they couldn't do anything as they were playing as the neutral one in this conflict that they've started. But they have good reason too, they're not well stocked to fight another hundred thousand troops right now and were currently preparing themselves for it. But they were making efforts to slow down the advance of harkan troops to overtake falmart before the president drops the bomb and orders the full force of the U.S military and NATO allied forces to stop the harkan invasion of falmart.

For the guards perspective, huge giant elgars were marching carrying massive trebuchets through the mist. Harkan engineers attend the siege weapons while tower archers tried firing at the approaching enemy. Unfortunately their attempts were futile as their arrows bounced off the mana shield casted by the mages. But the harkans didn't let it slide that easily and returned volley fire with their guns.

Continuous loud booms of the harkan musketeers creating a smoke screen before hundreds of projectiles traveled through the air and onto numerous elbe guards killing a hefty sum of them in an instant. Some fell dead off the other side of the wall while some who were lucky to survive ducked for cover fearing for the worst.

The harkan trebuchets threw flaming Boulders at the walls of elbe tearing chunks on some parts of the walls and bastions, some overpassed the wall and landed on the civilian zone which started a fire. By now the elbe army were already alarmed and were now dispatched to defend the kingdom against the harkan army.

A knight was seen gesturing to come to him to his men, "Move faster men! Dont let those bastards overtake elbe! This is our home and this is our land! Now lets fight!!"

Hundreds of archers swarmed at the top of the walls as lord duran received the grueling news while standing infront of the entrance of the palace where a messenger gave him the news, "t-they've finally come." Said duran with fear in his voice.

His daughter, princess Fyrile Duran, walked towards him with a concerned face, "father, what the hell is happening outside the walls? Theres massive circular like ships coming towards us!"

Duran knowing the survival of elbe was not going to be possible he immediately jumped into action, "my dear, go to the exit point of the palace with your mother, you'll be guided by the knights out of the kingdom. You need to go, now!"

"I am not leaving father! Not if you tell me who is at our doorstep?!" Demanded fyrile to know.

"Its the harkans! They've come to capture elbe, our defenses are futile and they will break in soon and murder us all, get yourself and your mother to safety before we will all die here in the palace!" Duran responded back almost immediately with demand and frustration in his voice.