56.

A/N: ‼️ If you cringe or are affected in any way by violence, I advise you to skip this chapter. This might be an exaggeration but I am not talking about a fight at the bar that's bloody, but actually mafia kinda violence. ‼️

***

"Where are we going?" you dare to ask, breaking the tense silence that envelops the car.

Jungkook remains silent, his focus fixed on the road ahead, his expression unreadable. He is in a whole different than you are.

After what feels like an eternity, the car pulls up in a part of Busan you don't recognize—a place that feels distinctly unsafe, filled with shady characters and an air of danger. Jungkook strides out of the car with purpose, drawing the attention of everyone around. It's clear you've entered a rough neighborhood.

He comes around to your side of the car, gripping your hand tightly as he pulls you into an old textile shop without explanation.

"Jeon Jungkook." A middle-aged man stands behind the counter, his posture relaxed but a knowing smirk playing on his lips as he eyes Jungkook.

"Long time no see. Who's the unlucky man to face your wrath today?" He directs the question at Jungkook, but his gaze shifts to you, sizing you up.

"I need your help again," Jungkook responds, pulling out his phone to show the CCTV footage to the man. "Get me a list of anyone you think this might be," he demands.

The man's eyes flicker between you and the woman in the video figuring you two are the same people, before he nods thoughtfully. "I have a few names in mind." Retrieving a notepad, he quickly jots down several names and addresses.

Jungkook waits patiently, his jaw clenched in determination as he watches the man scribble down the details.

"Here," the man hands the list to Jungkook. His voice is casual, almost routine. "Need anything else?"

Jungkook pockets the list and fixes his gaze on the man. "Yes, I need to borrow a tool from you—a heavy-duty piler."

A knowing look passes between the two men, a silent understanding of the piler's intended use. The man smirks slightly, a gleam of recognition in his eyes. "It's been a while," he remarks with a mix of amusement and anticipation.

"Here you go," he says, retrieving the tool from behind the counter and handing it over.

"Thanks, I'll return it soon," Jungkook replies, gripping your arm a bit more firmly as he turns to leave.

"Ya! Jungkook!" The man calls out, causing Jungkook to pause. The man leans casually against the counter, arms spread, his smirk widening. "She's the one, isn't she?"

Jungkook holds the man's gaze for a long moment, his expression unreadable yet intense. Without a word, he gives a slight nod, confirming the man's suspicion.

"Makes sense," the man chuckles softly as Jungkook leads you out of the shop, the heavy-duty piler tucked in his pocket.

*

"Jungkook, I really don't feel good about this," you protest, but he doesn't slow his pace. His focus is unyielding as he approaches a rundown apartment complex, his grip on your arm tight.

Ignoring your discomfort, he bangs forcefully on a dingy door. The man who answers is disheveled, reeking of smoke and irritation.

"What do you want—" he begins gruffly, but his tone shifts to alarm when he recognizes Jungkook. He attempts to slam the door shut, but Jungkook wedges his foot in the doorway and yanks the man back out to face him.