Hoopa's Gate

Platinum: I'll admit, the very first companion from "Baldur's Gate" we were ever introduced to was Astarion, the High Elf vampire. His old captor, Cazador, can have this bloody Lunala as his Shiny Treatment. I've been using Noivern as a stereotype for the vampire Guests. Nitara and Vincent are too serious for the Swoobat, and too slender for the Crobat. With the sound-based Noivern, no one will force Astarion into silence ever again.

Creda: What of the human with the five o'clock shadow, Gale?

Platinum: Definitely got the charm of a Fairy-type. He should be a Shiny Gallade because he wears a lot of blue.

Dex: Doesn't anyone get sick of Shinies?

Platinum: *shrugs* Guess so. *mutters to herself* Wonder what Cecil and the Lumberjack would look like as Shinies. Cecil would be lime green, the Lumberjack would take the forest green coloration. Where were we?

Creda: Wyll?

Platinum: Sources say he was enslaved by a devil. Even so, placing him as a regular Grimmsnarl feels insulting.

Creda: Shadowheart?

Platinum: Gothitelle, she has spoken of seeing the future.

Creda: Lae'zel?

Platinum: The orc? The swine mons are out of the question, so...Chesnaught.

Creda: Karlach, the fire tiefling?

Platinum: *gasps, her breath hitches* Karlach? Can't be saved? Delphox can keep the flame burning. No, Flareon can keep her warm. *falls to her knees, starts chewing on her hand*

[A golden ring emerges, Hoopa Spectre flies out followed by an unusual arrangement of mons; an ashy gray Noivern with red eyes, a Shiny Gallade, a Grimmsnarl with red skin, curly, black hair, and two long, curved horns, a pale Gothitelle, a Chesnaught with black spots, and a fire red Delphox with shorter horns than the Grimmsnarl, the right one broken off. The Delphox approaches Platinum, extends a paw, plucks a stick from their tail, and hands it to her. Platinum grabs the stick, and snaps it in half between her jaws.]

Spectre: Hoopa Spectre is sorry. Hoopa Spectre thought Creda asked for these mons for your collection.

Dex: No, Spectre, this was on me. I assigned the companions these roles as we were going along.

"(What? I got plenty more branches.)" *plucks another stick from their tail and ignites it* "(Ta da!)"

Spectre: *claps* Yay.

[The gray Noivern glares at the red Lunala, emits an ear-piercing Screech, and pounces.]

Platinum: Spectre, get everyone out.

[Spectre nods, tosses their golden ring, it expands, they usher everyone, except Platinum, in. The portal closes behind them.]

Platinum: *quietly* Get em, Astarion. *a pair of orange hands coat her hearing receptors with mud*

[The screeching subsides, the gray Noivern collapses in squeaky sobs. Spectre peeks from an open ring, taps Platinum's shoulder.]

Platinum: *whispers* Not yet, Spectre. Thanks again for the hearing protection, Mud.