EPILOUGE

AUTHOR'S 'S POV

AFTER FEW YEARS

It has been three years since their marriage. Ishika steps out of the shower and gets dressed in a comfortable suit. As she sits on the bed to wear her sandals, she struggles a bit. Suddenly, someone helps her with the sandals. Ishika smiles, realizing it's Veer who is helping her. Veer carefully places both sandals on her feet and helps her stand up.

"Thank you," Ishika says, hugging him and kissing his cheek.

"Come on, Ishi, don't say thank you," Veer replies with a smile. "Now, come on, eat your breakfast and take your medicines."

Veer scoops her up in his arms, and they both walk towards the dining hall. Ishika sits at the table, and Veer returns with a plate of delicious food. They enjoy their breakfast together, engaging in light-hearted conversation. After finishing the meal, Veer goes to their room and comes back with Ishika's medicines.

Ishika tries to refuse the medicines. "I don't want to take them, Veer."

Veer gently insists, "Come on, Ishi, it's important. Please take your medicines. Think about our baby."

Yes, Ishika is seven months pregnant. She reluctantly takes the medicines, knowing it's for the best. They finish up and get ready to leave for work.

Ishika has recently completed her course at the fashion institute and is now working with one of the best fashion companies. She got selected by the company right after completing her course. They head to Ishika's workplace first. When they arrive, Veer leans in and gives her a kiss on the lips.

"Goodbye, Ishi. Call me if you feel any problem," Veer says, concern evident in his voice.

"Veer, I can handle it. Don't worry," Ishika replies with a reassuring smile.

"I have to worry because now I have the responsibility of two beautiful souls," Veer says, placing a gentle hand on her belly. I just wish you would take leave and rest at home."

ISHIKA'S POV

I reassure him, "I'm only working this month. After that, I'll take proper rest before the delivery."

Veer nods, and I steps out of the car, feeling grateful for the love and care Veer gives her every day. She watches as he drives away, her heart swelling with love and contentment and head inside the company. 

Inside her office, Ishika is greeted by her colleagues, and she quickly immerses herself in her work. The fashion industry is demanding, but Ishika's passion and creativity shine through in every project she undertakes. I reach my cabin and start my day.

My boss, Mrs. Agarwal, comes in and I greet her with a "Good morning." She smiles and informs me that we have an important meeting in an hour, so I prepare all the designs to present to the clients.

An hour later, I am in the conference room with some of my team members, presenting our designs to Mr. Arvind Shetty and his son, Jay. Throughout the conference, I notice Jay staring at me in a creepy way, which makes me uncomfortable. Despite this, the presentation goes well, and Mr. Arvind is impressed. We secure the deal, and I return to my cabin for lunch.

I sit back in my chair, trying to relax and take a deep breath. Suddenly, there's a knock on my door, and Jay walks in. I stand up, and he compliments my designs, offering me a job and inviting me to lunch. I politely decline, saying I brought my own food and happy with my job. He steps closer, trying to touch me, and I slap him, shouting for him to get out or I'll call security.

Jay holds his cheek where I slapped him and yells, "How dare you slap me? I'll show you your place." He storms out of the room, leaving me shaken. I sit back down, placing my hand on my belly, reminding myself not to stress for the baby's sake. I finish my lunch and take my medicines.