Lowery and Vivian. I opened my eyes to see grey ceiling tiles. I was in the control room. Now my body was fully functional, except my head hurt. I sat up and looked over at Lowery and Vivian. They were completely oblivious to me waking up so I saw this as the most perfect opportunity to scare the shit out of them.

I got up and walked quietly over to where they both were sitting.

"I wonder what Nicole would be doing if she was still here." Lowery said.

"That's kind of a stupid thing to ask." Vivian said.

"No but seriously what do you think she'd be doing?"

"I don't know. Nicole was always full of surprises."

"And she still is," I said and Vivian screamed and Lowery jumped.

"How?"

"What?"

"Am I imagining things?" Vivian and Lowery all began saying things at once.

"Guys!" I shouted and they both shut up.

"Nicole are you really alive?" Vivian said and I nodded.

"Last time I checked, yeah." I said and I smiled.

"How? We watched Vic shoot you." Lowery said.

"Well it took me a while to figure out why I wasn't dead. I then realized Vic switched the guns."

"What do you mean switched the guns?" Lowery asked. I pulled up a chair and sat down.

"Well when Vic first took me, he didn't have a gun on him physically. It was in the back of his car. Then when he bought me here he had his gun on him but he didn't use it. After he left me in the room and then came back he still had the gun. But if you looked closely there was the letters ACU inscribed on the side. The one he had earlier didn't have that. Vic didn't want me to die." I finished talking and both Lowery and Vivian were looking at me in shock.

"Wait, then why didn't he-" Lowery said but then he paused. He took off his glasses and rubbed his forehead.

"This is confusing as all hell." He mumbled. I nodded my head in agreement.

"Nicole!" Vivian shouted my name and it startled me.

"What?" I asked.

"What is Owen going to say?" She said anxiously.

"What do you mean what's he going to say?" I asked.

"Nicole. Owen killed Vic because he thought he killed you. He watched Vic murder you on the security footage. He was pissed. He had Vic lead him to you and Claire, I and all the others waited anxiously for his return," She said pausing.

"Owen then walked in the room carrying your dead body. He was so shaken. He didn't want to leave you. But Claire made him go with them."

"Go with them where?"

"To finish what you all came here to do."

"Where are they now?" I asked. I thought of what everyone must have been thinking. Owen especially. My heart sunk and I felt guilty.

"Let me pull up Claire's coordinates up. One second." I waited for what seemed like the longest second of my life.

"They're heading towards the Aviary."
I grabbed a gun that was laying near by.

"Uh where do you think you're going?" Vivian asked crossing her arms.

"To find them," I replied.

"Sorry to disappoint you but you just woke up from the dead technically. And you think you're just going to walk out of here like everything is perfectly okay?"

I looked at her and I was completely speechless. Never had Vivian said anything like that to me. Never.

"Well yeah."

"Well no. You are going to sit your ass down in that chair and wait a day. Then you can go. Besides you look like you just woke up from the dead." I looked over at Lowery for backup but he said nothing and tuned back to his computer screen.

"Fine," I grumbled and I sat my ass back down in the chair.

"Thank you." Vivian said.

~~~~~~

- Owen's POV -

The sun set behind the trees and it was now dark. We didn't go very far. We made it to the Aviary and that was it. Claire and Michael agreed to rest here for the night. Zach and Gray were already asleep. Claire and Michael stayed up and talked to me some before they drifted off leaving me alone in the dark to gather my thoughts. I thought about what my life would have been like if I went after Nicole the day she walked away. Would we have gotten married or would our relationship not have gone well and we were forced to end it. Nicole's death was all my fault. If I had not have brought Brooke here to make her jealous in the first place none of this would have happened. She would be sitting here with me. But she wasn't because I had screwed up and now she was dead. She died for me. For Claire, Zach and Gray. For all of us. I eventually fell asleep but I feel asleep with images of Nicole dead flashing through my mind.

All of it was just too much. I had to go back.

To see her.

~~~~~

And another chapter. Once again blah. Also more plot twists. Geeze so many of them. It's starting to make my brain hurt lol. So I will update Sunday!

- Kat