Chapter Twenty One: Brother Lost

Mortis reached out his hand and attempted to drain the Magic from Sammy, I reacted faster, gripping one of the Zombies and throwing it in the path of the deadly Magic. The Demon was reduced to dust within moments, and for a moment Lucas' body seemed to heal itself, but only for a moment.

"Foul creature I will kill you and end this madness."  Thor yelled going to strike once more, leaping into the air with all his strength with Mjölnir.

In spite of his frail appearance  Mortis reached up and gripped Thor's wrist in a single hand tossing him half way across the arena as if he were throwing a ball not a man. He then turned to us a wicked grin on his face.

"It was so easy to trick you all while wearing his skin, for almost four decades I was able to keep this form, thanks to your little war but then you had to make Peace!" He growled out.

He raised his hand and shot out a burst of Dragon's fire at Sammy, I stood between her so she was saved, but even then my Clipeum was shattered on with a single attack. He growled out, and instead struck be with enough force to shatter my ribs, I lay on the floor gasping for air, but Jasmine quickly healed me.

"You need to go now!" Yuguchi yelled out,  to us then called down her old Custodies Veritas Comm. "Get your asses over here. Their leader is Mortis.

"Enough of this! I will destroy you all!" Mortis called out, taking to the air.

 He then proceeded to start to drain every single one of the Zombies of their life force, with each one he drained his form begun to change. No longer was he the Demon we knew but a full fledge Sanguinis-Dragon begun to take his place. I swallowed seeing Sammy crumpled on the floor in a state of pure shock.

"This is Commander Kiem of the Order Of Balance," came his voice broadcast to all the field Communicatio lapidea of those present. "This threat is beyond you all, allow the Order of Balance to deal with it and fall back."

The rest of our forces didn't hesitate, neither did our Coven for the most part, save Jasmine, Yucugchi, Celestia, Princess Morningstar and Irina all members of said order, who all fell into formation with the rest of their ranks. Nill'ia opened a teleportation portal for us and the rest of our Coven begun to fall back through it.

"Forgive me," I spoke out, bear hugging Sammy.

I began to drag her kicking and screaming through the portal, even with my strength it took everything I had to drag her through.

"Let me go!" she yelled out, I was just glad she was too distraught to use her influence.

"Close it!" I called out the moment we were all through, and Nill'ia complied.

Sammy broke free of me and begun to draw a circle to get herself back there. Judith, tears streaking her face, pulled Sammy up from the floor, slapping her hard and yelling. "Lucas is gone Samantha you have to accept that!"

"No, you don't know that." She growled breaking free and resuming drawing the circle.

"Yes I bloody do! He is gone!" Judith snapped back.

"O and how the hell would you know that?" Sammy growled.

"Because I am a member of the Order of Balance Sam! I know that once the Parasite has become able to take it's original form the host is dead and it won't be long before the creature jumps!" Judith balled, barely fighting the tears off herself.

Sam stopped what she was doing looking up at Judith. Her voice meek and quite, the very definition of defeated she asked "You... you are a member and you didn't tell me?"