Chapter Eleven: Wedding Ceremony

----- February 13th, 2011 -----

I couldn't believe it as I stood here, at eleven fifty PM, moments away from getting married.  It was true that were it up to us we wouldn't have gotten married so quickly, at my young age. But the situation wouldn't allow us to do it any other way. Well I stood out back waiting to enter.  In Demon society it wasn't the female that walked town the isle but rather the Demon of lesser rank, and if both were of the same rank then we defaulted to the tradition male / female isle crap.  I stood in my formal uniform, like any Demon at our wedding however I had exchanged the jacket for our wedding Jacket, although ironically it was very similar to our uniform anyway. The only difference being instead of silver trims they  were instead white. I currently had a leash attached to my collar, that and the fact I would be walked down the isle by Nill'ia was to allow us to have a hybrid of Nekomanius and Demonic wedding ceremony. I stood there shifting nervously from foot to foot, swallowing deeply, my tail swishing back and forth, my ears placed against my head in fear.

" It'll be fine Little Kitten you two aren't just Terminused by Merged as well. She loves you with all her heart." Nill'ia replied, holding me close. 

She was dressed in her formal uniform as well.  We stood in the back of one of the many churches of the Order of the Owl in the Underworld, this one sat in the Demon Precinct, right in the center of the Precinct, built directly under the largest and oldest Soul-worm nest. We waited just behind a set of Source Tree wood doors, which had an arching appearance too them, studded with with small nails of Darkstar. It soon came with the sound of a bell, it was in fact our Coven's Embracing Bell, as we used it for our marriage ceremonies as well.  With it, Nill'ia gripped my leash and started walking me down the isle. As was Nekomanius tradition for weddings, the most senior living female of their family, gave the male away, and until they were given away they held the leash.

 The seats were elaborate things, carved of Source Tree wood, the deep blue carved into benches before having the pattern of feathers embossed upon their surface. While the seats were cushioned with black velvet. The cobble stone floors were a glorious and beautiful sight, made of polished black granite, flecked tehrough out were small white pearls, giving the floor the appearance of a night sky. The walls of the church were made of the same black granite studded with white pearl. There were stain glass depictions of our liberators, and other key figures from the resistance who fought against the Vampire Tyranny, every few feet. The ceiling was of arching glory, held aloft by Darkstar columns gilded with golden veins, finally the ceiling of the church was made of clear glass showing the 'night' sky above. The nest being perfectly aligned so that it's light bathed the alter at the front in a pale white light.

 The alter at the front was on a raised platform made of pure white marble, and had half a dozen steps leading up to it. The alter itself was covered in a cloth caught in pure white, save the elaborately stitched symbol upon its feild of snow, it was the symbol of The Order Of the Owl. It appeared as if it was a tadpole, case in pure black, with a singular white eye. Sat on the alter were two bowls, the first was full of Soul Water, while the second was currently empty, and a ceremonial knife sat next to it. Either side of the alter was a pair of Darkstar candle holders, mounted on it were the same kind of candles that were at the Embracing of the New Brood Ceremony. 

The isles were full of Demons most of whom I didn't know truth be told. My Coven were here obviously, typically the family of the woman would be seated on the left, the male on the right. But given that family wise all I had was Cassi, Nill'ia and Elizbeth, and Nill'ia was obviously walking me down the isle, so instead the Coven had been split between the two sides. With Geena being seated closest to the isle on the left, and Cassi and Elizbeth the same on the right. The only acceptation to that was Judith who was acting as effectively as 'best man' to Sammy, while High-Priest Stolas stood behind the alter at the front.  The rest of the seats were filled with the various Covens of our Grand-Dynasty.  There was one person here who wasn't a Demon,  the Shinigami from before, Yuguchi having asked him to be here. That way the moment the Transference had taken place, or the power sharing through marriage, he could do the whole thing with keep Valimus' personality and shit in tact. I didn't pretend to understand it.