Chapter Six: Investigations

----- November 1st, 2010 -----

Me and Yuguchi had decided to start our investigation immediately, so that any evidence wasn't lost, even then by the time the meeting and the like was done it was now 1am. I wasn't really doing much, I was in fact merely here as a formality given I was currently head of security. I was a good fighter but this investigation crap was not my style. However, the first thing I had done was confront Petru, who was currently helping us rebuild. He had honestly told me that he had nothing to do with the attack, which given his high regard for children of any race didn't surprise me, and I believed him.

--------------------------------------------

"Jackson!" I called out seeing him down the hallway, "Can me and Yugu get your help real quick."

"Sure Galen," He replied closing the book he was reading.

 It was the Infernal Instrument story, given us working with the Custodians now, we had all taken it upon ourselves to learn as much as we could about them, and given there was only myths and legends at this point the child's story was a good place to start for all those of us who hadn't grown up in the Underworld.

"We could use your scent for blood." Yuguchi put simply, and he nodded walking with us.

We walked deep down into the school, into our Well in fact, as that was where the control statue for our Barrier-Spell was located. The well was a simple place, deep down under the school located in a cave system it was built upon. The walls were as you'd expect rock to be, and only a few inches shy of being ten foot tall, sprouting from various different places in the walls, floor and even the cave roof were the Nexus Crystals, the crystals permeated the miles long maze like catacomb of cave, their lime green light pulsating with an almost rhythmic beat, reminiscent of a heart beat. The control statue was only a few feet into the caves. We walked up to it, the thing was in tact so we knew that it hadn't been destroyed that way. 

"I don't have the ability to do so, Galen any other kind of magic's?" Yuguchi asked trusting my Neko side.

I shake my head no and turned to Jackson. "I don't smell any fresh blood on the statue, in fact the only blood I can smell on it is that of those who were meant to be here."

"Which means the Custodies that attacked us had to have been invited in." I hissed angrily, "Do you think anyone of your former allies could have done it?" 

"In theory yes, in practicality no. For them to have been able to do that, they themselves would have had to been allowed in. Given that it was Arch-Commander Michaels Retainers that came with him, I know them, I was adopted into their family. They wouldn't have done this." Yuguchi replied, writing notes in her Inquisitors book.

"Which means it had to be one of ours." I said with a Somber nod. "Jackson, do me a huge favor and discreetly lock down the grounds. No one is to leave until we've spoken to them, and if we change the Barrier-spell our would be traitor would likely notice." 

"Where do we start?" Yuguchi asked as Jackson left.

"I'd say we start with Danii and her lot, but I can't be asked to go to Hell unless we really need to, so I'm open to any ideas you have." I replied shrugging my shoulders.

"How many Covens per dorm here, for the students I mean?" 

"Three typically, sometimes less depending on the size." I replied and begun heading back up to the school knowing where she was going with this.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

We soon arrived outside of the dorm, to find a Guardian Angel standing guard. Given our loses, and the threats posed by the Rouge chapter of the Custodies Veritas, we didn't feel right keeping  Kakureru Academy security here. Given our current state, both Lucifer and Micheal had provided us for temporary security until we could replace our loses. The Guardian Angel nodded in respect.