Chapter 52: A New Day at Hawthorne Enterprises

Olivia stood in front of the mirror, adjusting her blazer and smoothing down her skirt. Today was a significant day, not just because she was returning to Hawthorne Enterprises after a brief break, but because she was bringing her newly adopted daughter, Mia, with her. She turned to see Mia sitting on the bed, her wide eyes taking in everything around her.

"Ready for a big adventure, sweetheart?" Olivia asked, crouching down to Mia's level.

Mia nodded, clutching her stuffed bear tightly. "Yes, Mommy," she said, her voice filled with both excitement and a hint of nervousness.

Gabriel appeared in the doorway, a proud smile on his face. "You two look ready to take on the world," he said, stepping forward to give Olivia a kiss on the cheek and ruffle Mia's hair. "Have a great day, you two. I'll be thinking of you."

Olivia and Mia left the apartment hand in hand, the crisp morning air filling them with a sense of anticipation. As they arrived at the towering building of Hawthorne Enterprises, Olivia could feel Mia's small hand tighten around hers. She gave it a reassuring squeeze. "Everyone's going to love you, Mia. Just be yourself."

The moment they stepped into the lobby, heads turned. Olivia's employees, who had heard about Mia but hadn't yet met her, gathered to greet them. The receptionist, a kind woman named Karen, was the first to kneel down and say hello to Mia.

"Hello, Mia. It's so nice to finally meet you," Karen said, her warm smile putting Mia at ease.

"Hi," Mia replied shyly, glancing up at Olivia for reassurance.

Olivia introduced Mia to various team members as they made their way through the building. Each interaction was gentle and encouraging, helping Mia feel more comfortable. When they reached Olivia's office, Mia's eyes widened in awe at the large windows that overlooked the city.

"This is where Mommy works," Olivia said, lifting Mia so she could see the view better. "What do you think?"

"It's big," Mia said, her eyes sparkling with curiosity.

Olivia set Mia down and turned to find a small desk and chair that she had arranged to be placed next to her own. "This is your special spot," she said. "You can draw, read, or play with your toys here while Mommy works."

Mia climbed into the chair, her bear in one hand and a coloring book in the other. "I like it, Mommy. Thank you."

Throughout the day, Olivia balanced her work responsibilities with spending time with Mia, ensuring she felt included and safe. During a meeting, she brought Mia along, giving her coloring book and crayons to keep her occupied. Her colleagues, initially surprised, quickly warmed up to the presence of the little girl, charmed by her quiet curiosity and polite demeanor.

During lunch, Olivia took Mia to the company cafeteria. As they sat eating together, several employees came over to chat, offering Mia cookies and engaging her in friendly conversations. Mia's initial shyness began to melt away as she responded with smiles and soft-spoken answers.

By the end of the day, Olivia felt a deep sense of pride and happiness. She had managed to integrate her roles as a mother and a CEO seamlessly, at least for one day. As they prepared to leave, Mia looked up at her with a bright smile.

"I had fun today, Mommy," she said. "Can I come back with you tomorrow?"

Olivia's heart swelled with joy. "Of course, sweetheart. You're always welcome here."

As they left Hawthorne Enterprises, hand in hand, Olivia felt a renewed sense of purpose. She was not just building a successful company, but also creating a loving, inclusive environment for her daughter. Together, they were forging a new path, one filled with love, growth, and endless possibilities.