ARC 3 - Part 17: Barricaded

ARC 3: THE NANITE APOCALYPSE

PART 17

Barricaded

Thembi felt her heart drop in disappointment. She couldn't believe what she was hearing, could Tlhogi be telling the truth? 

It could be just a theory, but there is a possibility that she's telling the truth. She slowly shook her head in disbelief and nervously ran her fingers through her hair.

"It can't be,", She cried out, "They have to rescue us, they said they'll rescue us!"

"For them, it's not a must. They can leave us in here to die if they want to.", Tlhogi said, "Logically speaking, it's better for a few people in Sandton to die than to have a worldwide apocalypse."

"Unfortunately, that makes a lot of sense.", Thato shook his head in disbelief, "No one is going to rescue us for shit."

"Then why lie!? Why give false hope to us and our families out there?", Thembi cried, "And what are they going to tell them after they kill us all? That they couldn't find any survivors? That they're sorry!?"

"Yep, they could say that.", Tlhogi said, "No one's going to do anything to them anyways."

Thembi sunk down onto her knees and broke down in tears, "But it's not fair, we're people too!"

Tshepo went down on his knees with her, "Don't worry, Thembi, we'll find a way out of here. We can't go down without a fight, we will do something!", He slowly rubbed her back.

"Oh, yeah? What?", Tlhogi widened her eyes at him.

"We could sneak out of here...", Tshepo said.

"And what about the barricades? How will you get through that?", asked Tlhogi.

"We'll bust through them and-"

"Burst through the barricades? With lots of heavily armed soldiers guarding the area?", Tlhogi laughed, teasing him, "Are you for real?"

"We can fight them! The weapon manufacturing room is full of those deadly high-tech weapons that they use. We can take them on!"

"The last time I checked, they're trained, and you're not.", Tlhogi slowly shook her head, "Not such a bright idea for the new CEO of NanoCorp."

Tshepo narrowed his eyes at her and slowly stood up, "So you got a better idea?", He slowly approached her, "Or you just want to stay here until you die?"

"I don't plan on dying, I can come up with ideas way better than what you just explained here.", Tlhogi said.

"Then what the hell are you waiting for!?", He shouted, "We don't have much time!"

"The best ideas take time, they don't just pop up in your head the moment you see your lover having a mental breakdown on the floor.", She rolled her eyes.

"Alright, that's enough, you two.", Simphiwe said, "I don't care what ideas anyone comes up with, as long as it gets us out of here alive, then I'm good."

"I hear you, Sims, just know that getting out there and starting a gunfight with heavily armed and very experienced soldiers isn't going to get you anywhere.", Tlhogi narrowed her eyes at Tshepo and turned away. She went to sit down against a wall.

"So, you're suggesting we get out without being spotted? How the hell are we going to do that?", Soka said, "Once those soldiers get here, they'll be all over the place, not to forget those blood-thirsty people. Also, we're gonna need to move quickly. It'll be hard not to draw any attention, don't you think?"